PDA

View Full Version : Favourite fish pulled a kamikaze :(

Puff
04-12-2008, 09:25 PM
so last night when i got home i noticed something odd looking behind my tank. when i got closer i noticed what it was...

my favourite fish...my sixline wrasse :(

he was so full of life and active. funniest fish in the tank. so sad to see him go :(

when i left my house around 530pm he was swimming around and enjoying himself. i dont know why he jumped. that fish never went near the surface of the water :(

RIP sixline. you were awesome

Chowder
04-12-2008, 09:35 PM
They are known to do that. Sorry about your loss.

fishoholic
04-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Sorry you lost your fish friend :sad: It sucks when they jump.

Drock169
04-13-2008, 08:38 AM
Sorry you lost your wrasse Dave, I lost a pencil wrasse too, made me build a canopy so no more fish will be able to jump.

Puff
04-13-2008, 09:12 AM
ill have to make a screen or something to go on the top.

i just dont want to sacrifice light power for a screen. need to find something that will have the smallest effect on the light.

Tom R
04-13-2008, 03:10 PM
My tanks are about 14 feet apart and I get the feeling that my fish must have some sort of competitive male bragging thing going on because every once in a while one tries to make the jump. They must get all hoped up on the joy juice (daily ZEOvit Dosing) and the rest just laugh and take bets. To date non of them have made it.

Tom R

Keri
04-14-2008, 04:02 AM
My tanks are about 14 feet apart and I get the feeling that my fish must have some sort of competitive male bragging thing going on because every once in a while one tries to make the jump. They must get all hoped up on the joy juice (daily ZEOvit Dosing) and the rest just laugh and take bets. To date non of them have made it.

Tom R

LOL... I totaslly expected you to finish that story with "and then one day one actually MADE the 14 foot jump" lol

Sorry about the 6line Puff :( I'm trying to figure out to do with my top as well, I don't want a bulky "box" nor am I happy cutting down on the light with a screen :(

Puff
04-14-2008, 06:31 AM
ive come up with a slight(ly ugly) fix that i might try.

im thinking of getting some of my leftover eggcrate and putting a "lip" about 3" tall around the sides, but not the front. ive lost two fish to jumping, both out the same side of the tank.

it doesnt go as far as adding a canopy, doesnt cut down light, and should stop anything else jumping overboard.