PDA

View Full Version : Sealing a DIY Canopy

Drock169
04-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Whats the easiest way to seal a canopy? or can anyone recommend some paint or product?

Palster
04-13-2008, 05:37 AM
Whats the easiest way to seal a canopy? or can anyone recommend some paint or product?

I really like to use a product called Diamond Wood Finish. It is made by Flecto Varathane and is water based so it does not have the strong smell of the oil based products. I think it comes in satin, semi-gloss and gloss depending on how shiny of a finish you want. I used it on the last canopy that I built and found it really easy to apply.

mark
04-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Asking for the inside? I just primed then painted with a kitchen/bath latex.

mseepman
04-13-2008, 02:39 PM
I really like to use a product called Diamond Wood Finish. It is made by Flecto Varathane and is water based so it does not have the strong smell of the oil based products. I think it comes in satin, semi-gloss and gloss depending on how shiny of a finish you want. I used it on the last canopy that I built and found it really easy to apply.

Did you use this on the inside as well? Where did you get it?

JOEL
04-13-2008, 03:07 PM
I just used marine paint from homedepot or rona.

Palster
04-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Did you use this on the inside as well? Where did you get it?

Yes I used it on the inside also. I stained the wood first then sealed it with the diamond finish. I think I got it at Home Hardware in Kelowna but any of the large hardware stores should carry the Flecto line (Rona or Home Depot).

Drock169
04-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll have to go get some.

sharuq1
04-14-2008, 03:26 AM
There is also a product that is white, I believe it is called "Killz"?