PDA

View Full Version : WHITE DOTS!!!

Kris F
03-07-2003, 07:09 PM
Help someone!

My flame angel has got 2 white dots on one side of it's head and another one on the other side.

It doesn't seem to be displaying any eratic behavoir yet, such as trying to scratch itself, or appearing annoyed.

Also, it's mouth looks kinda whitish too!

Does this sound like marine ich? I'm perplexed!

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanx! :cry:

Skimmerking
03-07-2003, 07:18 PM
yup it sound like ICK
have you tried the GARLIC IN THE FOOD !!!!! :D
It worked for me ..

Nullig
03-07-2003, 07:19 PM
Sounds like ich... feed it some garlic, or soak the food in the juice from a crushed garlic. Worked for me.

Noel

kris
03-07-2003, 11:43 PM
you can goto almost any health food store and get pure garlic extract. add a few drops into frozen food let it sit for about 5-10 min. and feed.

it woorked on my tank fast and effectivly.

Kris F
03-08-2003, 12:48 AM
Thanx for the response! I'm gonna try that tonight when I feed them.

I can't believe the stuff that I'm learning on this site! When I first started this hobby I knew squat about marine fish and reef keeping in general, and the people on this site have helped me learn a lot! I just wanna thank everyone!

Pansy-Paws
03-08-2003, 05:47 PM
Just wondering . . . would cleaner fish (cleaner gobies) work? Our sailfin tang had a few small white blobs on him and the 2 little cleaner gobies ate them off. Now they regularly jump on him for maintenance - it's really cool to see. Anyone else have similar success :?:

mikey_d18
03-11-2003, 07:46 AM
yeah.......cleaner wrasses and cleaner shrimp are ideal for eating parasites off of fish.......allthough i wouldnt depend on them for keeping a parasite free tank....