PDA

View Full Version : new Aptasia removers RedSea Aptasia X

Jason McK
04-11-2008, 04:41 PM
See more information HERE (http://www.redseafish.com/Product.asp?dir=y&CatId=98&SubID=28&proID=296)
http://www.3reef.com/images/misc/products/aiptasia-x.jpg
Looks very similar to Joes Juice

Anyone Try it yet?

J

sharuq1
04-12-2008, 02:45 AM
That looks cool. I wonder if it really works? I like the idea of it being "sticky" and the aptasia eating it. Anyone know what is in it?

Newtoreef
05-24-2008, 06:29 PM
I ordered some from Marine depot. Couldn't find anything local. I will let youy know how it works once I get it. Should be next week sometime.

lorenz0
05-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Just found a few in my nano last night. Hopefully i can find someone who carries this locally

Newtoreef
06-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Here is my observations after using. I ordered from marine depot. Followed as directed. Watched the aptasia implode as it said they would, a week later they are back the same size as they were when I applied the product. :sad: Kinda pointless. My Copperbanded butter fly was a much better control. Just a very delicate fish to keep.

Captainhemo
06-09-2008, 02:30 AM
I get the same results with Joes Juice :( I don't know how osme people have such great success with these chem solutions

albert_dao
06-10-2008, 02:16 AM
I don't get how people DON'T have success with these products. You have to turn off all your pumps and SMOTHER the animal. Don't just feed it the damn stuff, suffocate it in its hole. Wait 15 minutes then use a syringe to suck them out. Done.

pastout
07-09-2008, 05:45 AM
ive had no luck with anything. and i have had pepermint shrimp and curently have a copperband butterfly who is a tank and eats everything in site.... but aiptasia

BC Mosaic
07-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Turkey baster and hot boiling water. Cheap and effective.

BigA
07-09-2008, 02:51 PM
I am getting some berghia nudi's to take care of mine. Hopefully I can establish a nice balance to keep the berghia colony alive.

Alberta-newb
07-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Not having any products on hand I tried two techniques with what I did have. First I put the rock with the worst problem into my QT and injected them with pure white vinegar. Killed them instantly then used the syringe to suck out the remains. After 2 weeks about a third of them were back and/or ones I had missed showed up. Next I used kalk paste on them and also on about 10 in my display tank. The next day I reapplyed on one small one that I hadn't hit well. It's been a week so far and none have come back so fingers crossed. As Albert said, I also believe the key is to smother them and fill the hole they come out of.