PDA

View Full Version : crazy hobby

Quinn
03-07-2003, 03:34 AM
the absurdity of this project hit me as my dad and i were hauling my 150 gallon tank up the stairs today, swearing and sweating. i now have a massive glass box sitting on my bedroom floor. in all, i've already spent $2000 on this box. when i get my tax return of $1000, it will also be spent on this glass box. it's a glass box. i could have bought a lot of beer. but i bought a glass box.

my mother hasn't seen the tank yet. i want you all to know i love you, and i hope you will remember me... when she shoots me... for bringing this glass box into my bedroom... on the second floor... on her carpet.

now all i have to do is drill some holes on my walls, haul my tank of a stand upstairs, and put everything together. hobby? more like a lifestyle. maybe i could grow gills and sleep in the glass box? we'll see... :shock:

all the pretty colours had better be worth it. honestly mom, it looked smaller (and simpler) at des's! :P

AJ_77
03-07-2003, 03:46 AM
HA! Give it a year.

BCOrchidGuy
03-07-2003, 03:55 AM
.... second floor?...... jeez and I was worried about a 90 gallon on the second floor.... mind you the people that built that last place were... um... crazy.. I think the term they liked was thrifty... I thought they were cheap

Canadian Man
03-07-2003, 04:03 AM
Good one Quinn :lol:
How's the tank look?
They did all three sides in starphire glass on mine. yours?
Take a piece of white paper and you will be able to tell.
cheers

Bob I
03-07-2003, 03:15 PM
You are braver than me. I have had something to do with housebuilding, and there is no way on this earth I could be persuaded to put 1500 lbs+ on anything but a concrete floor. :roll: :roll:

Quinn
03-07-2003, 03:44 PM
well i slept on it and i feel much better. although i just finished writing the toughest exam i've ever written. damn social psychologists.

the tank looks dandy. i'm pretty sure only the front was starphire, but i will double-check tonight. they used a mix of black and clear silicone, not sure why. however they did give me a small tube of silicone, and a free bulkhead (assuming it's a bulkhead, large plastic donut thing that screws together). and they didn't forget the baffles for my sump, which are smoked glass (looks kinda cool).

Canadian Man
03-07-2003, 04:21 PM
well i slept on it and i feel much better. although i just finished writing the toughest exam i've ever written. damn social psychologists.

the tank looks dandy. i'm pretty sure only the front was starphire, but i will double-check tonight. they used a mix of black and clear silicone, not sure why. however they did give me a small tube of silicone, and a free bulkhead (assuming it's a bulkhead, large plastic donut thing that screws together). and they didn't forget the baffles for my sump, which are smoked glass (looks kinda cool).

That's awsome Quinn,
Yea they used clear silicone on the Eurobracing on mine and the overflow and the bottom. I like the way they did it with the mix rather than all black. That's awsome that they included the silicone for the baffles for you.. The bulkhead were a nice touch as well, I was very happy when I saw the 2" and 1.5" bulkhead in my tank :D One less thing to purchase!