PDA

View Full Version : Oceanic Biocube

Jason McK
04-10-2008, 02:22 AM
I purchased a 14G biocube for my wife and we set it up in late Feb. Everything is perfect in the unit until Sunday. One of the 2 24W PC ballasts failed.
Crappy thing is Oceanic's warranty 1-800 number only works in the US. and they are not returning my e-mails.

Does anyone have a number or e-mail address for Oceanic that works in Canada?

J

Keri
04-10-2008, 02:31 AM
A couple of months ago the ballast on our 8gal biocube blew and my husband just went to the oceanic website and filled out their form online and someone responded to him in a couple of days and they sent us a replacement ballast no problems :) We were very pleased with the service.

Here is the contact form:
http://www.oceanicsystems.com/contact/
Goodluck.

Jason McK
04-10-2008, 02:36 AM
Cool I filled that out on Monday. e-mailed on Sunday.

I guess I can give it some time

J

Keri
04-10-2008, 03:02 AM
Did you email it or just hit submit? i think we just hit submit.

Jason McK
04-10-2008, 03:39 AM
Both. I used the link you posted on Monday but I e-mailed customerservice@oceanic.com on Sunday

J

justinl
04-10-2008, 03:49 AM
Yeah the biocube ballasts are one of the big problems with the package. They seem to have a strong tendency to blow (no you're not the only one. not by a long shot). I would talk to whoever you bought the cube from in the first place. I personally dealt with Mike at Hiddenreef and he was good enough to run circles and jump the appropriate hoops to get me a new ballast, no charge.

sharuq1
04-10-2008, 04:42 AM
I had quite a few probs with mine. Oceanic will hate me for this but here is a direct e-mail addy to one of their guys. Brian Woodrruff bwoodruff@central-aquatics.com

Jason McK
04-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Well I gave Allan at J&L a heads up on my issue.

Last night I got an e-mail from Allan saying he had a new one for me waiting at the store.

Big Thanks to Allan and the J&L staff.

J

Keri
04-14-2008, 03:52 AM
Well I gave Allan at J&L a heads up on my issue.

Last night I got an e-mail from Allan saying he had a new one for me waiting at the store.

Big Thanks to Allan and the J&L staff.

J

Awesome :)