PDA

View Full Version : Powder Blue with Regal and Purple Tangs?

mark
04-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Might be a non-issue as not sure if the LFS still has the Powder Blue but looking for thoughts on adding one to a 145g with Purple and Regal Tangs (and Foxface, 2 damsels, 3 clowns and a six-line).

The PB is probably a little than the Purple.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-07-2008, 12:05 AM
Be aware that Powder Blues are notorious ick-magnets and any stress, such as the aggressive attention of another tang defending its home territory will almost certainly cause it to break out with ick. My 80w Aqua UV sterilizer keeps ick at bay but just. Purple tangs tend to be quite aggressive IME and I would hesitate putting an ick-magnet in with one. The only positive is that PT & PBT have different body shapes and colour, so that might help. My Yellows don't pay any attention to my PBs.

Anthony

Aquattro
04-07-2008, 02:18 AM
I added a PB to my tank with an existing yellow, after a few days of tail wagging, they get along fine. My PB did not get any ich. As stated though, purples are fairly aggressive. I'll be adding one as soon as I find one though....

fkshiu
04-07-2008, 04:00 AM
I've got a regal with a purple and everything's been okay. Mind you the purple was added when it was much smaller than the regal. The tank has always belonged to the regal and every so often the purple gets a reminder with a nip to the dorsal fin.