PDA

View Full Version : regal angel

reefjunkie73
04-05-2008, 04:37 PM
well i will start off by saying relatively new to this site aswell as a beginner in the saltwater hobby.i will start off by posting what i hope is some what of a simple question. i recently purchased a about a 5" regal angel that is currently in a 125g quaranteen tank, problem is he doesnt seem to be eaten as much as one would think. has anyone found any specific food that will trigger the finicky eaters to eat

marie
04-05-2008, 08:46 PM
You could try cracking open a fresh clam and putting it into the tank, shell and all.

sharuq1
04-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Or soaking the above in garlic....

skylord
04-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Ive been using Tropic Marin Lipovit and Immuvit with new fish and it seems to get them excited about eating. A bit on the spendy side but a little goes a long way.

Scott

kaboom
04-07-2008, 03:02 AM
May I ask where you got your Regal, is it a Redsea/Indian Ocean specimem?

michika
04-07-2008, 04:22 AM
What have you been feeding, or trying to feed it so far? Have you tried clipping some nori to a rock or to a clip for it to graze on?

reefjunkie73
04-07-2008, 11:12 PM
i have had the angel for about 8 days now was told when i bought it it was from the red sea normally i do tons of research on anything i buy for my tanks lol but this fish was some what of a competition between myself and a couple others at the lfs.maybe i should have let them have it.so far the only thing ive seen the poor thing even look at is some small mysis,other then ive tried everything (formula 1,spurulina flake,krill,brine,angel formula)with all the above being soaked in garlic. well the fish is still alive so maybe it is getting more then i can see

hawk
04-08-2008, 12:10 AM
Angels like to pick at rocks. Get a piece of rock and squish some food into a crevice, hole etc. use different foods until you find something it shows interest in. Leave the fish alone after you give it food. Any other fish in qt with the Regal?

reefjunkie73
04-08-2008, 02:08 AM
i have actually moved the angel from qt to main tank he seemed to be a little stressed as there wasnt alot of hiding spots for it hopefully it will find a nice rock to hide behind. only other fish in display tank are to 2clowns,lawnmower blenny and a sandsifting goby.just crossing my fingers now