PDA

View Full Version : Stolen!!

Boomboy
04-04-2008, 03:18 AM
Yes , the title is right. my fish was stolen out of my tank. i live in a dorm, not a huge dorm only 6 people live in the dorm area. i leave for work and when i get home my fish is gone, so at first i do what everyone else would do check your floor, check everywhere on your floor, and i did, i even took out most of my rock to make sure he wasnt in there. my emperor angel fish is now gone. i am very shocked because who steals a fish. i mean come on. a fish. it was 50 bucks and im not in a rush to get a new one, but i wanted to get one for so long i only had him for 2 weeks. i will find who did this a get my revenge. :D

Myka
04-04-2008, 03:20 AM
Wtf? Who would steal a fish? Are you sure though? They can flop a LONG way!

wetcoast
04-04-2008, 03:47 AM
I hate to say it, but sometimes fish just disappear. Do you think its possible that your inverts snacked on it already?

fencer
04-04-2008, 03:57 AM
I lost a CBB. Could figure out what happen until I look in a small rock crevice and found it commited suicide there. There was nothing to to but let the crabs have takeout.

Boomboy
04-04-2008, 04:09 AM
yeah i know thats what i was thinking. my room is about 10ft by 11ft,i have a canopy with not alot of space in it for it to just out. the only opening in is the front and its only 2 1/2 inches long, i measured jsut now. the fish was at least 2 inchs tall and 3 inches long. it was an emperor angel if you know what that looks like, not a firefish or something, and so i mean yeah i am still looking but who knows i dont really trust people in my dorm area so i wouldnt put it past them to take it and sell it to someone else. or and its a bit to big for my shrimp and small hermits to eat.

saltwatermaniac
04-04-2008, 04:18 AM
You would be surprised with just how fast inverts can finish off a fish and even britsle worms would get in on the action would would totall speed up th hole process. But if someone did steal it give them what they deserve lol. Hope you find the reasoning behind the GREAT FISH MYSTERY.

Boomboy
04-04-2008, 04:45 AM
i defiantly will because in about 2 weeks i am moving and taking everything out of the room,so i will find out if the fish jumped for sure, which i think is unlikly due to the fact there isnt alot of room to get out, but i will post in 2 weeks when i move to let people know what happened.

fishoholic
04-04-2008, 05:07 AM
Very odd, I hope you find out what happened to your fish.

untamed
04-04-2008, 05:18 AM
My tank reduces a dead fish down to nothing but bones in 24hrs or less. If I find any trace of the fish, it is an absolutely clean skull.

danny zubot
04-06-2008, 03:07 PM
so i will find out if the fish jumped for sure,

If the fish did jump you'll know well before your two weeks are up. Just follow your nose.

It sucks that you lost such a beautiful fish though.

scorpio73
04-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Do You Have A Internal Over Flow I Thought I Lost On 3 Weeks Ago And Found Him In The Overflow

Richard_Dicosimo
04-06-2008, 05:16 PM
is it possible that the fish died during the day and was floating around the tank and someone scooped him up and sent him down the toilet?

Richard

Megalodon
05-07-2008, 01:49 AM
I shudder to think what they did with it. Assuming it really was stolen, that is.

WhoPoopWrasse
05-11-2008, 12:47 AM
I was sure I lost my female skunk clown about 4 days ago and my husband suggested I check the filtering compartment in the back of my 24 nano and sure enough there she was, STILL SWIMMING! :biggrin:
I fished her out and boy was she hungry!
I still don't know how she managed to get in there:silly: