PDA

View Full Version : Camera Repair

cprowler
04-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Does anyone know where I can get my Nikon D70 repaired?

I am having it returned from a Nikon repair center in California since the cost to repair it is more than the camera is worth. The repair is just to fix the shutter problem and not the memory issue that they are unsure of. They want $400 to fix the shutter and used D70's are going for around $200 on ebay and new D80's for about $700. If it was going to fix the memory problem I might do it but.....

I bought the camera in New York and Nikon Canada in Richmond will not work on foreign cameras, that is why I sent it to Nikon USA.

Does anyone know of a Camera repair center that I might try?

michika
04-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Sorry, I don't know, but I just sent my lense for my D40x (18-55mm) off via a local camera shop for repair. Have you tried calling around?

Tom R
04-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Hi Bill

There is an excellent camera repair shop in Vancouver.

http://mytelus.yellowpages.ca/bus/British-Columbia/Vancouver/Vancouver-Camera-Service-Ltd/1656277.html?adid=00990800

At work our Digital Camera was dropped a couple of time and these guys fixed it both time. (not cheap about $200 each time). They will quickly tell you your best alternative.

Tom R

cprowler
04-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks Catherine and Tom, I have not looked around yet. I'm leaving town for work tomorrow for two weeks or so and when I'm back I'll look into it.