PDA

View Full Version : Divorce Sale, 210 G Display, Livestock, Frag Tank

mildcustom2
04-03-2008, 02:35 PM
So I think everything is going great in life and my wife decides to drop a massive bomb on me. She has decided she wants to get a divorce. So now I have to get rid of my 210G display tank (4 1/2 months old), All the livestock and my Frag tank thats been running for only a month or two. The plan is to sell off all the livestock first then the equipment. I'll post pics and prices later today but for now I thought I'd just get the ball rolling. Anyone who is interested in coming over to view the livestock and see whats available please send me a pm or reply to this add and I'll get right back to you asap.

I must have at least 15 colonies of sps coral in my display alone not to mention the 100 or so frags I have. You can also get an idea of what the setup is like in my tank journal. All together I must have 10 grand into my Display tank and frag tank.

Man this sucks !!

Thanx

Sean

wetcoast
04-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Oh No, Sorry to hear Sean.
I remember some of your stuff. I'd be interested in coming by.

Der_Iron_Chef
04-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Good luck with....well, everything. :( Sorry to hear.

bassman
04-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Very sorry to hear that man.

Have you considered just shutting down the system for a while and storing your tank and equipment until you get settled again? A tank standing on end full of equipment doesn't take up much room in a buddies garage.

michika
04-03-2008, 03:40 PM
That does suck.

dsaundry
04-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Sorry to hear that..been there myself...A person told me when my wife dropped that bomb on me that "it eventually gets better" Thought they were full of crap...They werent..:biggrin:

Oceanic
04-03-2008, 04:02 PM
dibs!

How much for the frag tank? I would be interested in the tank when you are ready to sell it..

Thanks!

banditpowdercoat
04-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Here's a thought, Sell the Wife, keep the tank LOL.
I would store the tank at a buddies for sure.

BC Mosaic
04-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Sorry to hear. Been there; done that. Your lucky. Mine destroyed a 75g reef tank and 50 bonsai.
It will get better. Chin up.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-03-2008, 06:19 PM
That totally sucks man. I hope things work out eventually.

Anthony

fishoholic
04-03-2008, 06:24 PM
That really sucks, sorry to hear that :sad:

edikpok
04-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Sorry to hear that! Good luck with everything!!!

KPG007
04-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that Sean. All the best in getting through it.
I've PM'ed you.

Kelly

Aquattro
04-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Not sure why you have to sell it. Is she after half the value? Always ways to keep the tank. I went through a breakup last year, kept my house, tank, etc, just parted with a bit of cash. She's gone, still have a tank and I met someone waaayyyy better over the holidays. This could be the start of something great for you!! Was for me!!

smellslikefish
04-03-2008, 08:03 PM
sorry to hear about your sad situation I would definately like to come by and check out what you have I can come by anytime

LeeR
04-03-2008, 08:21 PM
sorry to hear. I wouldn't mind some zoa's if you have any left.

Nexus13
04-04-2008, 12:50 AM
bad news man.

I hope things work themselves out. They always do.

Reefhawk1
04-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Sorry to hear about your marriage trouble. Hope everything turns our well for you.

bv_reefer
04-04-2008, 01:50 AM
sorry to hear. i'd be interested in a few sps colonies,

Keri
04-04-2008, 01:50 AM
Keep the tank if it's what you enjoy!!! Even if it means storing it somewhere - you'll regret selling it for less than you paid if you end up wanting to start it up again and have to buy all new stuff.

Aquattro
04-04-2008, 02:08 AM
Enough with sorry to hear, sell me your stuff already! Geez, keep the stuff, your tank still loves you, no need to get rid of it.

mildcustom2
04-04-2008, 02:19 AM
Not sure why you have to sell it. Is she after half the value? Always ways to keep the tank. I went through a breakup last year, kept my house, tank, etc, just parted with a bit of cash. She's gone, still have a tank and I met someone waaayyyy better over the holidays. This could be the start of something great for you!! Was for me!!

First thank you to everyone for your words of encouragement and support. I will respond to all your pm's shortly ( think I'm up to 30 or so ). I will also figure out some prices for the equipment tonight (doing my expenses for work right now)for those that inquired. As for the livestock, come over, have a look and make me a reasonable offer this weekend and its yours.

As to the question I quoted above. The reason I'm selling the entire tank is because she is signing the house over to me (removing her name from the deed) and in order to pay my 2000.00$ a month mortgage I have to cut back on my cost of living, materials to run the tanks and electricity. In total I'm hoping to save over 150$ a month. Even then I'm going to have to take in a room/housemate to help bring down the cost of things. This person will basicaly live in my house and enjoy it the same as I do (hoping for a real hottie):lol:, couldn't hurt I'm only a 26 year old male.

Thanx

Sean

Keri
04-04-2008, 02:20 AM
EXACTLY

Now you can buy stuff for it without feeling guilty.

edit: just read you last post

*sigh* Being responsibe sux

mark
04-04-2008, 02:27 AM
Is a crappy deal but having gone though one myself, can truthfully say in hindsight was the best thing that ever happened.

mildcustom2
04-04-2008, 04:39 AM
Ok, so I'm going to bed and will not be posting prices tonight. I will be trying to sell the complete equipment setup before I consider piecing it out for those interested in the equipment. Anyone who wants to come over this weekend Saturday and Sunday and look at the live stock or setup please let me know. Sorry for what may seem like a bit of a lack of effort but its a little screwed up right now.

Thanx

Sean

Rippin
04-04-2008, 05:08 AM
Sean, sorry to hear about your personal life. I hope these hard times passes over quickly.
Cheers.

justinl
04-04-2008, 05:54 AM
Man that sucks the dog's balls. Sorry to hear you have to go through that. I feel a bit guilty asking, but do you think you could post up a full tank shot?

good luck finding a room/housemate that is easy on the eyes... hopefully one who's into the hobbby as well! (hell, maybe post a pic of yourself here and hope for a taker):biggrin:

mildcustom2
04-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Anyone who is interested in coming over today and having a look at whats for sale please give me a call @ 604-908-0334. I'll also be home tomorow but I'm not sure how much will be left after today, just have to wait and see.

Thanx

Sean

dmagrath
04-05-2008, 09:02 PM
thanx again for the frags sean and the chats. good deals, good guy!

mildcustom2
04-05-2008, 09:40 PM
I have come up with what I believe is a fair price for my complete display tank setup.It would include the following equipment:

210 gallon reef ready all glass tank (like new)
Cherry oak stand ( Very nice, not laminated )
72" coralife aqualight pro 250 watt HQI x 3 + 4 power compacts + moon lights
75 gallon custom sump (glass)
3600 gph Dart return pump
ATI bubble master 200
2 phosban 150 reactors ( one for phosban, one for chemi pure/carbon )
1 Life guard FB900 fluidized bed filters
14 gallon refugium
20" 96 watt coralife power compact ( refugium )
500 watt titanium heater and controller
1 hp coralife aquachill
Red Sea wave master pro + 3 maxijet 1200 (one upgraded to 1600 gph)
2 Koralia 3 850 gph powerheads
Lots of fittings for plumbing
90 lbs of Caribsea sugar sized oolite
20 lbs Caribsea arag alive sugar sized oolite
10 lbs Caribsea refugium mud
All electrical power bars and cords
Stand for the electrical, refugium and chiller
1 spare 10k bulb
Any cleaning supplies or chemicals that I have.

Brand new the tank, stand and light alone cost me 3200$. I would like to get 3500$ for everything listed above. I am just trying to sell off all the livestock right now before I go to Norway on the 19th for work. I'll be back on the 25th hopefully and then I would be looking at taking down the tank.

As for the Frag tank. It would include the following equipment :

36"x36"x6.5" Acrylic frag tank
Black frag tank cabinet
3600 gph Dart pump on closed loop (2months old)
Rena Canister filter
All plumbing
1 Maxijet powerhead
1 FB900 flluidized bed filter (not hooked up)
1 14 gallon refugium that has never been used
1 250w lummenmax HQI reflector (2 months old)
1 250w galaxy ballast (2 months old)
1 250w 14k phoenix bulb (2 months old)
Acrylic frag rack that sits in the tank and holds the plugs

Looking for 650$ for everything above.

For anyone interested I'll be selling the Jakarta live rock for 5$ a pound. I have about 150 lbs with 40lbs already spoken for.

Pm me if you are interested or call me at 604-908-0334 and come have a look.

Thanx

Sean

Skimmerking
04-06-2008, 04:09 AM
Sean if there was a wya to get you 110 lbs of rock from you I now that is the stuff that you got from
Mike at hidden reef. let me know ok ..

dsaundry
04-06-2008, 04:20 AM
Thanks again Sean for all the great corals..Wish I could have gotten more, H*ll if I had the cash I would have taken your entire system...For those that haven't seen his tank, these aren't little frags in his main tank..these are gorgeous mother colonies..would have loved that Birdsnest...

Thanks again..Darryl:biggrin:

andresont
04-06-2008, 05:44 AM

i think this is the right way to look at it this.

smellslikefish
04-06-2008, 10:23 AM
great frags! great prices! thanks bro and give me a call when I can pick those fishies from you

mildcustom2
04-06-2008, 04:55 PM
I still have a bunch of colonies for sale if anyone is interested for 20$-40$ *SOLD*
Orange and green monti digitata digitata colonies for 25$ *SOLD*
Pink birds nest colony for 60$ *SOLD*
Pink/Purple fuzzy mushrooms 25$ *SOLD*
Green star polyp rock 15$ *SOLD*
Any frag left in my frag tank 5$

I've decided to lower the prive of the Jakarta live rock to 4.00$ a pound *SOLD*

Some fish left, to be picked up after the coral/live rock is gone.

4 yellow tangs 20$ each *SOLD*
5 Bangai cardinals (2 pairs producing babies) 100$ all *SOLD*
17 Green Chromis 20$ all *SOLD*
3 Female Lyre Tail Anthias 10$ each *SOLD*

Please pm me if you are interested in anything above or call me at 604-908-0334. I'll be home all day today if anyone wants to come by and have a look.

Thanx

Sean