PDA

View Full Version : FS: 72" tank and stand

Kryten
04-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Located in Edmonton. Ok here's the story. I've had this tank for around 12 years. It was first setup in my office for a couple years, then we moved to a new office and it was setup there for 5 years. It is drilled, but the holes were covered, as we were just using it for cichlids. When we moved the third time we didn't really have a good place for it, so it wound up in my basement. I set it up as a paludarium for a couple years, but other than that it has been empty for the past 4.5 years. It's a Hagen tank, and we got it used, so I'm sure it's at least 15 years old. Never had any leaks, but I don't know what sitting empty for a long time does to a tank, and there is no bracing of any kind on it. I've just realized that I don't have the desire to set it up again as I thought I might. The back is not painted, there's just a big piece of black coro-plast sitting behind the tank which is included if you want it. The dimensions are 72x19x24 with the 24 being the height. The canopy is currently fitted with NO flourescents, but I'm sure it could easily be retrofitted to T5 or MH. The stand is homemade, but it was a pretty decent job, just need to be careful with the trim that you don't pull it off. I'm not too sure how much to ask for this setup, so I'll start with $300 OBO, and I could probably be convinced to throw in some of the accessories as well such as the Whisper and Eheim filters.

http://members.shaw.ca/steveboer/Aquaria/tank1.JPG

http://members.shaw.ca/steveboer/Aquaria/tank2.JPG

argan
04-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Those Dims. make it a 140g i believe.
Thats a pretty good deal.

Kryten
04-02-2008, 06:13 PM
For some reason I always thought it was a 130 gal. Those are outside dimensions and the height includes the trim, if that makes a difference.

kaitie
04-03-2008, 02:02 AM
its nifty if you still have it i'd like to see it, or maybe own it.

jvision
04-03-2008, 06:06 PM
What's the inside of the stand like? Could one put a 4' sump in there? Is there a floor to the stand... would a basement sump work with this, if it were on the main floor?

Kryten
04-03-2008, 06:48 PM
The inside of the stand is pretty roomy. There is a bottom to it, but that wouldn't be hard to drill through. There's about 15" of height to play with between the bottom and the support braces. The only trick would be getting a tank in there because of those braces. You might have to cut one and then re-attach it, or just live without it. It's pretty solid and I don't think it would be going anywhere with one less brace. Send me a pm if you want to come and have a look at it.

Kryten
04-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Bump...

Kryten
04-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Bump for the weekend!

Kryten
04-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Still available, reasonable offers considered.