PDA

View Full Version : Check this little toy out. Never knew it existed

cvrle1
02-20-2002, 11:48 PM
Hey all

This is really cool little toy that I didn't know it existed. It's a dimmer for icecap 660 but it also has a whole crapload of other options that it can do like lunar simmulation. Check it out...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2003740084

[ 20 February 2002: Message edited by: cvrle1 ]</p>

titus
02-21-2002, 05:10 AM
Hello,

Hey that's the one I've been using. It's awesome. If you have a large tank, get the one that allows you to control powerhead during a storm simulation.

cvrle1
02-21-2002, 08:30 PM
Unfortunatelly I only have a 33 gallon so I really don't need something like that right now. But none the less it is a great little devil.

One day.....

sea gnome
02-22-2002, 04:02 AM
Hi Titus, where did you get it and could I ask how much?. For future consideration for my tank.
Rachel

titus
02-22-2002, 07:36 AM
Hello,

What are you talking about? I have a 20 gallon and I'm using it. It's great man. That's why I love VHOs sooooo much. I do want MH though. But not now. Not until I get my job and know where I'll live and build my 300g tank, at least that's what I want, space permitting.

I bought it from Reefers, swithced owners to Brian a little while ago. Very nice nice guy. But they had a bit of finance problems and their site now looks interestingly weird:
Reefers (http://www.acropora.com/)

I don't know of any one in Canada selling it. If you want one, I can see if I can get one for you but not now, unless it's super urgent. I forgot how much it was but look up Niche Engineering, that's the manufacturer. It's a few hundred dollars US that I know.

Tropical Paradise
02-22-2002, 12:57 PM
hi,

I believe Champion sells these dimmers. From what I've heard, people say that these dimmers will damage your VHO bulbs. Just my 2 cent!

Kai-Wei

titus
02-22-2002, 05:16 PM
Hello,

No doubt that it'll reduce life span of the bulbs but I have been running my bulbs for a long time now. Bottom line is if you want cool continuous ramp sunrise, sunset, or just to have the effect of dimming because a cloud just pass overhead, you need this.