PDA

View Full Version : Coral Ocean

titus
08-26-2001, 12:30 AM
Hello,

I also like this place called Coral Ocean. It's run by a Chinese guy (owner, sales, everything) and it's on Kingsway 1 block west of Boundary Rd. It's on the South side of Kingsway.

Because this guy is the only one in the store, he wouldn't mind talking to you just about anything under the sun. Another thing is that he doesn't mind letting you know his cost.

And yes, he has a very nice L-shaped display tank.

Titus

Bryan
08-26-2001, 03:41 AM
Well, unless things have changed he generally has ZERO in livestock. I can't count the times I have gone there and been disappointed in the lack of coral selection.

-=Bryan=-

smokinreefer
08-26-2001, 04:10 AM
i used to go there when his store was in the west end. since he moved i usually cant get in the door, as he is usually gone off somewhere. i just dont bother anymore. oh well.

Shadetree
08-26-2001, 09:10 AM
I have to agree with Bryan and Smokin' on this one. Despite going there during normal business hours as posted on his front door, the store has been closed 2 out of the last 3 times I tried to go and check it out. The only time I did get in there was almost nothing for livestock and I assume it was the owner, was too busy talking to a group of friends at the front counter about cell phones to even acknowledge that (my wife and I) we even in the store. They actually gave me dirty looks when we had to wedge between them and the front door to leave. With J&L having a retail store now and having found Animal House I will probably never bother trying again.

Scott

titus
08-26-2001, 03:07 PM
Hello,

Oh yes sometimes I wonder why his store is closed as well. I figure maybe he has to go get something and since he's the only one, the door has to be closed.

And ya, the dude talks about anything. Not just aquarium related stuff.

And yes, he doesn't have much livestock. But when I was at his place, he always have the lowest priced fishes. Well kept fish too.

Titus

reefburnaby
08-26-2001, 11:47 PM
Hello everybody,

I have been to Coral Ocean. If you get on to his phone list, he can phone you when he gets a shipment. Usually, all his stuff is gone in an hour or two after they arrive -- so, arrive on time. His regular customers know when to go. If you are interested in unique SPSes, Coral Ocean is the way to go.

As for the bad experience, I am really sorry to hear that. Just give him a call, and find out when he gets his stuff. Since he sells out everything in a short period of time, he doesn't need to open his store that often (i.e. he has nothing to sell to you images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

With the closure of Paul's Aquarium (Kingsway + Earl) and AquaWorld Superstore (Marine + Knight), there are only a few marine stores left in Vancouver. That's why he sells out quite easily.

- Victor.

Bryan
08-27-2001, 01:47 AM
When did Aquaworld Superstore go out of business.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by reefburnaby:

Hello everybody,

and AquaWorld Superstore (Marine + Knight), there are only a few marine stores left in Vancouver. That's why he sells out quite easily.

- Victor.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

reefburnaby
08-27-2001, 10:08 PM
Hello,

Either they moved or something happen...they aren't at their original location anymore. The last time I checked was late of June. To be sure, I checked my new Telus Pages and they weren't listed any more. Kind of sad because I bought freshwater stuff from them for the past 6 years.

- Victor.

christyf5
08-27-2001, 10:16 PM
Isn't there another Paul's Aquarium in Surrey?? Anyone been there??

Christy images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FlameAngel
08-27-2001, 10:21 PM
I've been there, it's behind the Costco.
It's ok. I'll stick with JL though

FlameAngel

Shadetree
08-27-2001, 10:23 PM
Pauls just relocated to Surrey, they are behind the Costco on King George Highway. Not as much salt selection as before. Aquaworld "moved" quite a while ago, maybe even a year ago. I will never forget seeing 17 images/smiles/icon_eek.gif dead marine fish in their tanks during a weekend visit. The count would have been much higher if I included dying fish images/smiles/icon_sad.gif They were apparently moving but I do not know of any new location. I hope that there isn't a new location.

Scott

[ 27 August 2001: Message edited by: Shadetree ]

reefburnaby
08-27-2001, 11:49 PM
Hello,

Sorry about the confusion...there is a Paul's Aquarium in Surrey. They had two stores, but they closed the one in Vancouver.

Aquaworld...agreed...marine fish sucks in aquaworld. They were a better freshwater/pond store than a marine store.

- Victor.

- Victor.