PDA

View Full Version : CPR bak-pak vs Coralife SS-65

bv_reefer
04-01-2008, 04:09 AM
i posted a thread a while ago about whether it's even worth getting a coralife super skimmer, there downfalls, efficiency, etc. most posts showing it skims OK, but is prone to flooding. well on craigslist i found a decent CPR Bak-Pak 2 Protein Skimmer with bio filter for a good deal, and did some research about it, still want some final opinions before purchasing the product, is it sufficient for an sps predominant tank? how much skimmate can i expect out of it per week?

marie
04-01-2008, 04:22 AM
I wouldn't say it's a great skimmer (or even a good skimmer with todays technology) but it will never flood on you and with the maxijet 1200 powerhead on it, it will keep going forever :mrgreen:

Myka
04-01-2008, 04:30 AM
The BakPak sucks. Don't waste your money. The Coralife SS is only a fraction better. Look for an AquaC Remora at the very least...that's what I have on my 33g reef and it's just barely passable. In the future I won't use a Remora or anything other than a grow-out tank for juvenile fish or something. It really doesn't cut it too well for a reef, and it's 40x the skimmer as the BakPak and 15x the skimmer as the Coralife SS. If you can fork out the coin for a Deltec MCE300 you'd be a whole lot happier.