PDA

View Full Version : anemone question

golden69_ca
03-04-2003, 06:27 AM
what is the minimal lighting for an anemone and is there any trick to them ?mu tank is a 90 gal and my lighting is 2 4'vho and 4 4'nomal autinics .

thanx for the help

DJ88
03-04-2003, 01:45 PM
what is the minimal lighting for an anemone

Aiming for the minimum lighting for any light loving animal is the wrong approach to keeping an anemone. If you want to keep one of these animals ensure your tank is mature enough to keep it healthy and live successully. This includes as much light as possible.

What inhabitants do you have? How old? Parameters? Equipment?

I'd suggest going onto this board and the other boards and read, read, read, read, read about anemones and their requirements. Then not to buy one. They can be very difficult and shouldn't be sold in the first place. In the wild they live for years and years. Most that are kept in a tank dont make it past a year due to lack of knowledge or lack of proper care.

Sorry to sound harsh. But looking to find the minimum is the wrong approach to keeping anything in a tank. Always make sure what you are giving any animal in your care the OPTIMUM home.

CHEAPREEF
03-04-2003, 02:22 PM
what is the minimal lighting for an anemone

Then not to buy one. They can be very difficult and shouldn't be sold in the first place. In the wild they live for years and years. Most that are kept in a tank dont make it past a year due to lack of knowledge or lack of proper care.

Sorry to sound harsh. But looking to find the minimum is the wrong approach to keeping anything in a tank. Always make sure what you are giving any animal in your care the OPTIMUM home.

I agree with Darren 100%, leave them in the ocean.

Clinton