PDA

View Full Version : Rabbitfish+Tang Question

dsaundry
03-31-2008, 03:43 AM
Will Two different types of Rabbitfish get along? I have a Foxface in one tank and a Scribbled Rabbitfish in another. I would also like to know if a Sailfin Tang would have an issue if I was to add a Yellow Tang...

Thanks in advance for all the advise.:biggrin:

Telford
03-31-2008, 03:50 AM
I just added a sailfin to my tank that has a yellow tang in it already. The yellow is the boss of the tank so he's putting the sailfin in it's place but i'm hoping they'll establish the hierarchy.

Pan
03-31-2008, 04:05 AM
Will Two different types of Rabbitfish get along? I have a Foxface in one tank and a Scribbled Rabbitfish in another. I would also like to know if a Sailfin Tang would have an issue if I was to add a Yellow Tang...

Thanks in advance for all the advise.:biggrin:
Yellows are one of the more aggresive surgeonfish...not the most but more than say a shy tomini tang :) Lots of people keep rabbitfishes together, should be okay. Size of tank always matters in these types of situations, as does adequate hiding places etc.

dsaundry
03-31-2008, 05:15 AM
lots of hiding spaces..90g with lots of rock..:biggrin:

skylord
04-01-2008, 05:53 AM
I have 2 yellows and a sailfin with a scribbled rabbit. The tangs were all added at the same time and the 2 yellows act like best friends. The sailfin is busy trying to let them know who the boss is but for the most part the sailfin is ignored.

Scott