PDA

View Full Version : Corals and seahorses

super7
03-30-2008, 06:39 AM
I was wondering on what type of corals I could keep with seahorses. The seahorses are reidi's. Lighting doesn't matter as I have extras of everything.
Would cloves and GSP work.
And what type of gorgonians, would corky finger work?
Thanks Super7

Pan
03-30-2008, 08:34 AM
I was wondering on what type of corals I could keep with seahorses. The seahorses are reidi's. Lighting doesn't matter as I have extras of everything.
Would cloves and GSP work.
And what type of gorgonians, would corky finger work?
Thanks Super7
As long as it has no way of stinging them any coral would be okay. You could always grow some macro algae..dragons tongue or something like that?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-30-2008, 09:35 AM
My ponies live with all sorts of corals, from open brains to digitata and frogspawn. I have found seahorses to be smart enough to avoid getting stung by corals & anemones. My old male last time used to use his head to push up the big LT anemone from the underside to hunt fro mysis. He died of old age after 2 years. My current seahorse/frag refugium has all sorts of macroalgae.

Anthony

WhoPoopWrasse
03-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi Anthony,
What kind of ponies do you have? I have 4 Brazilian that are nearing 1 year old, are you telling me they are already old farts? :sad:
And Super7,
I have finger leather,GSP,mushrooms, ricordea and macro algae in mine. They seem to prefer the algae though. It (feather Caulerpa) just appeared about 2 months after I bought it (it came out of a mushroom rock) and I really have to keep in in check, needs trimming every 2 weeks or so.

super7
03-30-2008, 03:52 PM
I do have macro algae but was looking for corals to put into the tank, so thanks for all of the suggestions,
Super7