PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing Question

Scales
03-03-2003, 05:05 PM
Ball valves...I have heard the ones available locally (Lower Mainland, B.C.) with "blue handles" are superior to those with "red handles". Any truth to this? The "red handles" are conveniently sold at HD and Revy. I am not sure where to find the "blue handles". Your experience and advice is appreciated.

StirCrazy
03-04-2003, 01:00 AM
I sugest you ask them what makes them superior.. to me I would think it is just a different company but who knows

Steve

SuperFudge
03-04-2003, 03:20 AM
They are made by Spears, and are a superior valve.

They are a little more expensive,but they are much easier to tweak.

Here they are available at Southern drip irrigation,but you must have a buiness account to purchase from them.
Im not sure of others who carry them, but i definatly dont regret replacing all my old red ones with them.

You wouldnt be dissapointed if you made the effort to get them.

zulu_principle
03-04-2003, 03:44 AM
Marc says a little more expensive.

My example is with 1.5" ones, $15 for the red ones at home depot, $24 something for the blue ones at BCG, not sure what its called now, one in Richmond and one in Coquitlam by J&L.

I use the red ones for things that are not as finicky, but blue for things that are difficult to tune.

My example is this system I bought, that had the protein skimmer, the surge, and the calc reactor all on one pump, makes it a little difficult to tune.

Wendell

SuperFudge
03-04-2003, 04:27 AM
Marc says a little more expensive.

Ok, too expensive.....but i have yet to find something for my reef that isnt. ;)

My example is this system I bought, that had the protein skimmer, the surge, and the calc reactor all on one pump, makes it a little difficult to tune.

Wendell

What a Dog,that guy.... selling you a system with red ballvalves on it !

But i bet you he atleast mentioned to replace the plumbing several times for that reason. :lol: