PDA

View Full Version : What's better, NLS or Ocean Nutrition?

Megalodon
03-28-2008, 03:38 PM
I know New Life Spectrum is da shiznit in the freshwater world, but what about marine?

digital-audiophile
03-28-2008, 03:51 PM
I use a combination of both... NLS for pellets and ON for flakes. Mix in the odd feeding of PE Mysis, Cyclopese and reef roids and my cretures are happy and healthy. :)

Ephraim
03-28-2008, 03:52 PM
NLS is the best in any world. Hell, even my cats prefer it to thier own food.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-28-2008, 05:09 PM
All my fish eat NLS.

JHG
03-29-2008, 12:19 AM
NLS brings out great coloration in your fish, plus it is quite balanced. I've never used the NLS flake so I can't comment on it, but have used the NLS pellets with great success in both my FW & SW aquaria, much to the delight of fishes.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-13-2008, 07:22 AM
I've been feeding my fish NLS pellets for 2 years now & they work great.

Tonight I saw my Cleaner Wrasse chowing down on NLS pellets, which helps explain how both my cleaners have stayed alive & healthy for over 6 months now. Both are fat & healthy, clean my fish constantly, and now eat NLS pellets. I'm very happy:biggrin:

For those who don't know, Cleaners are usually considered hard to keep alive for more than a few weeks. They usually starve to death in captivity (I believe).

Anthony

Myka
04-13-2008, 03:28 PM
NLS is supposed to be the best, but I use Ocean Nutrition just because that's what's available from the places I order from. Once my food gets kinda old (I replace it all once a year), then I'll try NLS. :)

Tom R
04-13-2008, 03:43 PM
I almost exclusively feed my tanks Ocean Nutrition mini pellets. I mix the the 1 and 2 together. They offer great nutrition, a variety of foods and a lot less pollution than other foods.

I always wanted a school of Lyretail Anthias and was concerned to buy them as they are notorious for starving to death. One day I was in J&L talking to Jack and I asked him how they were able to keep their school of Lyretail Anthias alive and he told me Ocean Nutrition mini pellets. I have now had my school of Lyretail's for almost 2 years now.

Tom R

Psyire
04-13-2008, 06:48 PM
I like NLS, even my peacock mantis will eat them. lol

Veng68
04-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Never tried it on SW but Omega One makes a pretty good food.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

Puff
04-14-2008, 02:28 AM
ive fed my freshwater fish with NLS for a solid two years.

i wanted to get NLS marine pellets but didnt see them around. then last time i was at JL i saw that they had them!

ive been feeding ocean nutrition and hikari marine mini pellets since i set up the tank. they seem to REALLY like the hikari ones, but the ON pellets werent able to be eaten by all my fish. but the ones who could eat them love them!

that said, i had such great success with the NLS food that i think i will definitely be switching back next time i go to JL :)

reef
04-16-2008, 08:20 AM
NLS is the best in any world.
Thats what the advertising says? no proof that it is any better than any other food,
Been feeding it for 6 months and the fish are no different, Best to feed a variety of food,