PDA

View Full Version : Gold Stripe Maroon

KennyKen
03-28-2008, 02:03 AM
Are they just a hybrid of maroon clowns, or is it just another name.

Der_Iron_Chef
03-28-2008, 02:07 AM
Some have white stripes, some have gold stripes. I think it's that simple :) Unless I'm not understanding your question.

KennyKen
03-28-2008, 02:10 AM
Well i just hear the diffrent names thrown around, and apparently the stripes change when they are out of juvie stage
I was just curious if they were a hybrid, or a name to sell it for more money

dsaundry
03-28-2008, 02:47 AM
Well my little guy started with white when he was a little fella, he is triple the size now and his gold is coming in nicely..aggressive little bugga...love him

KennyKen
03-28-2008, 03:24 AM
Well my little guy started with white when he was a little fella, he is triple the size now and his gold is coming in nicely..aggressive little bugga...love him

How agressive is he. I was thinking of one for my 30.

untamed
03-28-2008, 05:21 AM
To my knowledge there is only 1 species. That must mean that the gold stripe version is just a colour variation.

Drock169
03-28-2008, 06:06 AM
They are extremely aggressive, should be the last fish to add. They tend to bully most peaceful fish

dsaundry
03-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Yes mine is very aggressive. He has 2 anenome's that he protects with a passion. He has tried to take a bite out of me on a few occassions although he is still too small at this point to do any damage. He is in a tank with a huma trigger, a purple tang, a scribbled rabbitfish and even though he is the smallest fish in there...He is the Boss! Very cool fish..Georgeous fish..My fave.

Myka
03-28-2008, 02:07 PM
How agressive is he. I was thinking of one for my 30.

They get too big for a 30g.

untamed
03-28-2008, 10:07 PM
They get too big for a 30g.

Maybe....I've had 3 Maroon clowns over the many years (2 of them I have still). 2 of the 3 lived for many years each in my 30 gallon hex. Once associated with an anemone, they aren't much for taking advantage of any space even if they have it.

I've also not experienced the aggressiveness that Maroons are reputed to have. In spite of them breeding now, they are still not overly aggressive. They don't allow you or anyone to get really into the anemone, but who wants to do that anyway? Their patrol zone around the anemone isn't more than maybe 2 inches.

The female is much larger than the male, and the female might be 3".

That's my experience, FWIW.