PDA

View Full Version : Baby Clown fish diet, help!

WhoPoopWrasse
03-25-2008, 12:52 AM
My daughter went out and got her first fish today (false percula) and they will be in a QT until the display tank is ready. Question is, one is about 3/4" and the other is 1" so I think they are about 3 months old at this point although I could be wrong.
Anyways, I was just wondering what I should be feeding these little guys?
I figure I will be feeding them tomorrow morning and what I have in stock right now is:
Mysis
enriched brine
cyclops
cyclop-eze
flakes

or should I run out and get something else?
Plus I have an array of vitamins and whatnot...

ElGuappo
03-25-2008, 01:17 AM
Mine ate brine at that size a little mysis if small enough, love cyclopeeze. they also eat 1 mm semi floating pellets.

WhoPoopWrasse
03-25-2008, 01:23 AM
Thanx! I've never had to deal with baby clowns. Mine are big old fatties! They are really cute though!
They'll be living in a 10 gallon QT for another 2 weeks so I'll be able to monitor what they like and don't like.
How long until they hit the 2-3" mark anyways?

ElGuappo
03-25-2008, 01:36 AM
Mine are true percs actually and they are still after 6 + monthes maybe and 1 1/2 t0 1 3/4 now. so still growing.

They pick at frozen chunks of Cyclopeeze like pirahnas.

digital-audiophile
03-25-2008, 02:26 AM
I've always used cyclopeze and the smallest hikari pellets when I get really small fish.

Myka
03-25-2008, 02:39 AM
They'll eat everything that you have. Mine eats everything...he's a hog. Mine is actually a True Perc, and they are pickier than False Percs.

Puff
03-25-2008, 05:40 AM
my occelaris (well i had two, but like a normal woman she chased her man RIGHT out of the house...on to the carpet) ate everything as well. right now her favourites seem to be the hikari marine tiny pellets, ocean nutrition pellets, cyclopeeze, and mysis. basically anything you throw at her she seemed to eat with gusto!