PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Clownfish jumped in to back overflow :(

Puff
03-24-2008, 09:19 PM
so last night i heard a splash coming from my tank. i ran up and checked the ground to make sure it wasnt a jumper. ok...no fish on the ground...good.

then i had a peek in the overflow (fuge was gurgling quite loudly), then i saw the culprit...the clownfish!

this is the second time she has done it. first time was when i went away, and she spent two weeks in the back. she keeps coming up to the top, but wont let me scoop her up like she does when she is in the display. any suggestions?

sorry, should have added that this is the back chamber of an aquapod that im talkign about, not a normal overflow.lol

mildcustom2
03-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Depending on how big she is you could suck her up with a large diamater hose. Maybe 1" flexible clear pcv hose.

Good luck

Sean

hillbillyreefer
03-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Go down to the LFS and buy a small dip net that will fit in your chambers, and scoop her out. I've got one clown that I need to dig out of the back of my nanocube about once a week. Sometimes it's a bit of a rodeo getting her out but hey it's cheap entertainment. I think my net was about $2.00.

Aquattro
03-25-2008, 01:05 AM
I had to fish one of my clowns out of the sump twice in 2 days. Yes, I've built a guard now...:)

hillbillyreefer
03-25-2008, 03:11 AM
I'm pretty sure there is a reason they call them clowns. Buy an urchin and watch them try to host in it, good watching for a couple days.

Puff
03-25-2008, 04:15 AM
lol hillbillyreefer. that made me burst out laughing. are you serious?

well, she hasnt hosted my urchin yet, and he has quite the "coiffe"! she has JUST started hosting the frogspawn, which i find quite entertaining. she also likes to rub up on my royal gramma (but i think the gramma likes it :P )

look at the wig on my urchin. i named it "mohawk" a couple of months ago when it cruised around for two weeks with a perfectly kept "macro wig". now it has upgraded to highlighting its wigs!
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w6/davewjwright/Reef%204/march22045.jpg