PDA

View Full Version : Aquamedic Salt users?

Delphinus
03-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Anyone using this? I bought a bucket for the heck of it since the param #'s advertised on the bucket seemed good.

But I've been battling a rapidly decreasing Mg # in my tanks and I finally found out why, I tested a batch of NSW and Mg is 900 (compared to the advertised 1200). So every weekly water change I'm pulling Mg down even more.

I'm gonna try shaking up the remainder of the bucket and see if my next batch comes out a little better but was wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

BMW Rider
03-23-2008, 07:09 PM
I have used that salt as well and found the same problem with the Mg levels. For what its worth, I have not found much better results with any salt brand including TMP. I got a bunch of Mg suppliment from ChemMaster, and just add to the tank as needed.

Delphinus
03-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Yeah, I was thinking that the only solution is a bulk purchase of Mg. I've already sent Ben a PM about Mg, so at least I know what to do about it, but I was curious if I had had a bad batch or wasn't mixing things properly or something. The #'s say "At 35% salinity" which I thought translated roughty into 1.025.

Anyhow thanks for confirming what I thought :)

Pan
03-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Yeah, I was thinking that the only solution is a bulk purchase of Mg. I've already sent Ben a PM about Mg, so at least I know what to do about it, but I was curious if I had had a bad batch or wasn't mixing things properly or something. The #'s say "At 35% salinity" which I thought translated roughty into 1.025.

Anyhow thanks for confirming what I thought :)
Is not 35% 1.026?