PDA

View Full Version : Old RO/DI

outtafocus
03-21-2008, 12:43 AM
My RO/DI system has been sitting idle for well over a year.

I know I will need to replace all filters and DI resin, but is there anything else I should do with it?

When I stopped using it, I just turned off the inlet valve, I have an inline storage tank which is still full. I have a feeling this water will smell horrible, but will it have contaminated the whole system?

outtafocus
03-21-2008, 12:52 AM
Well to answer part of my question, I just drained the system, no odour and water completely clear. I still need new filters ans resin though.

outtafocus
04-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Im a little confused, what filters do I need for to purchase for use in my Aquasafe system?

The DI resin is pretty easy to figure out, but Im not sure on the filters.

I have seen filters similar to the ones in my RO/DI unit at places like Home Depot and Rona, are these filter ok to use or do I need to buy specialty filters?

How long is an RO membrane good for?

Thanks

christyf5
04-08-2008, 12:07 AM
You'll need a 5 micron filter and carbon filter. I think mine runs 5micron/carbon/5micron (or even a 1 micron)/RO/DI but I originally got some sort of "coconut" filters for the secondary 5 micron. As long as you have some sort of particulate filter and a carbon before your RO you're fine.

Depending on your water quality your RO can last a few years. I changed out mine last year after running it for almost 4 years. The water wasn't bad coming out of it, I just thought it was time and they were on sale.

outtafocus
04-08-2008, 01:28 AM
Thanks for the help.

christyf5
04-08-2008, 02:31 AM
No problem. Oh and I'm not sure about the ones at Rona or Home Depot. You can always take in one of the canisters with you and see if they fit, the only thing you really need to be worried about is the length. I think theyr'e all fairly standard though but you never know.

brizzo
04-08-2008, 06:18 AM
In my unit I run 30 micron, 10 micron, 1 micron, Carbon, RO, DI --- into buckets

I get some pretty crappy treated lake water here, and the 30 micron is dark brown before the next two are light yellow!

outtafocus
04-13-2008, 04:24 PM
If we arent sure about the Rona filters, where is the best place to buy new filters?

Is there any type of filters I should stay away from? like carbon etc?

Is there a place locally to purchase DI resin?

Thanks

outtafocus
04-13-2008, 04:24 PM
I love double posts.