PDA

View Full Version : Issues

ElGuappo
03-20-2008, 05:43 PM
My tadstool has been looking peekish for the last couple of days now and today i found a Feaher? of some sort on it. not sure if this is the reason.

It is a foot when elongated and can be contracted in a flash. it looks like a sngle thread with a buch of single thread coming off to one side.

i cannot take a pick as it is too fine for the camera to pick up.

Good or Bad?

ANYTHING PLEASE.

marie
03-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Google ctenophore, if that is what it is it is harmless

Here's an article Dr Ron wrote

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-03/rs/index.php

Starry
03-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Might it be a digitate hydroid? I am battling some of my own. Tweezers work.

ElGuappo
03-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Google ctenophore, if that is what it is it is harmless

Here's an article Dr Ron wrote

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-03/rs/index.php

Thanks for the reading Material. the pick was bang on as i havnt seen the body just the tentical but the pic matches perfectly.

Should i remove this ? the article states that it will eat my crustacians?

marie
03-21-2008, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the reading Material. the pick was bang on as i havnt seen the body just the tentical but the pic matches perfectly.

Should i remove this ? the article states that it will eat my crustacians?

I'm pretty sure it means the smaller crustaceans, the ones you can't see and didn't buy

I personally would leave it alone because it is kind of a neat animal but by all means remove it if it will give you peace of mind :mrgreen:

ElGuappo
03-21-2008, 01:06 AM
Well i guess i will let it be for now. my only concern really is that the tentitcles reach from one side of the tank to another almost.

ElGuappo
03-21-2008, 01:07 AM
I'm pretty sure it means the smaller crustaceans, the ones you can't see and didn't buy

I personally would leave it alone because it is kind of a neat animal but by all means remove it if it will give you peace of mind :mrgreen:

I gues this is why i havent seen any pods for a while.

ElGuappo
03-23-2008, 05:23 PM
I have removed it ohnly to find another. oh well. but i did find that my tadstool green star polys and such that were in contact with this did NOT like it none of the polys extended while he was around touching things with its sweepers. IMO i recomend removing emediatly if you find any in your tank as the corals it contacted reacted very badly by shriviling up and never extending polyps.

Myka
03-23-2008, 11:21 PM
Chaetopterid worm? Which are harmless, even good actually.

http://www.melevsreef.com/id/dualpalps.jpg

ElGuappo
03-24-2008, 02:25 AM
not a worm. see the link in the second post. my corals did not like this.

ElGuappo
03-26-2008, 07:15 PM
So its been a few days since removing and now iu have about 5 in its place.

ElGuappo
05-08-2008, 05:55 PM
anyone know how to get rid of these???????

Also could the stingers (tenticles ) be effecting my rics? they dont like something around them and i think these sweepers are contacting them. i have moved the rics yesterday as i added some rock and have left them un mounted rfor now to see if the recover.

Anything????????/

ElGuappo
05-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Starting new thread.