PDA

View Full Version : I got lucky!!!!

hillbillyreefer
03-20-2008, 06:12 AM
Even better than what all you are thinking.

Was in a store in Edmonton last Tuesday and picked up a skinny Mandarin. I arrived just at feeding time and I was sure I saw her eat some mysis. So I bought her. Got her home acclimated for hours, set her free. Next morning by lights on she had lost most of that sucked up skinny look. By Friday she looked pretty good. Friday night I fed my candy cane some brine soaked in selcon. I was sure I saw the mandarin pick up a BS. Shut the pumps off Saturday and put some BS beside her, took about 1/2 hour but she ate four.
Sunday I tried mysis, ate it up too. Monday and Tuesday same thing. Today when I shut the pumps off it was like ringing a dinner bell, out of the rock she came to a spot where she's been fed before and waited for lunch. This time mysis and cyclops. All foods were soaked with a drop of selcon.

Don't you love this hobby when things go this right?

marie
03-20-2008, 06:23 AM
I was thinking the same thing while watching my new copperband butterfly suck down mysis shrimp :mrgreen:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-20-2008, 07:09 AM
My last few fish have also been "lucky". The new tangs were almost immediately accepted or at least not viciously chased by the old tangs. My mandarin is a fat little guy. And two little fish, a snowflake moray & porcupine puffer, which had been surprisingly difficult to get to eat finally started eating a couple of nights ago. Yes, it's great when things like this work out.

Anthony