PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want anything from Ocean Aquatics? (Livestock)

Delphinus
03-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Latest newsletter has some blue zoanthids and I've been looking for some like these for, well, forever. :)

Anyone want to pool a livestock order with me? Sadly, I only want the zoos at this time and thus am hoping there's a way we can defray shipping costs a little.

digital-audiophile
03-17-2008, 10:00 PM
can you send me a copy of the newsletter with what livestock they have?

email : gregkubasek@shaw.ca

Brent F
03-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Funny, I sent Tony a PM asking the same thing.

I'm most likely in for an order.

jasond
03-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Me three...sorry Tony!

michika
03-17-2008, 10:14 PM
I may be in, just waiting to hear back about a possible tank purchase.

Treebeard
03-17-2008, 10:30 PM
I am definitely interested, would you mind copying me the newsletter too? For some reason my subscription request is not working.

PMed you me address

BMW Rider
03-17-2008, 11:16 PM
I may be interested in some SPS depending on what they have avialable. I don't suppose you'd be willing to deliver to me since you live so darn far south :lol:. I'll have a look at their site to see what they have and contact you if anything strikes my interest.

ElGuappo
03-17-2008, 11:58 PM
I may be in on these blue Zoas but could you send me the newsletter aswell?
or maybe post a link to news letter here?

michika
03-18-2008, 12:02 AM
Actually I am in for clams, and maybe some fish.

langdon reefer
03-18-2008, 12:02 AM
HEy Tony Could you Also Send me the News Letter PLEASE:mrgreen:

digital-audiophile
03-18-2008, 12:11 AM
Catherine, do they have pictures of their individual Croceas or is it order and see what you end up getting?

Delphinus
03-18-2008, 12:11 AM
Alas, the newsletter has to be emailed to you. Otherwise I would post it here. If you can PM me your email addresses I'll forward you the email newsletter.

It's not profound though. Shows some ricordias and the zoos, of which there are solid blue, and blue with green centres.

Wendell tells me they did a dip on the zoos yesterday so can't actually buy them as of yet. Hopefully in a few days time though!

Treebeard
03-18-2008, 12:50 AM
I've completed my shopping list. Since I am new to this, what now?

hurley
03-18-2008, 12:53 AM
id defiantly be interested jared.withell@hotmail.com

michika
03-18-2008, 12:55 AM
Catherine, do they have pictures of their individual Croceas or is it order and see what you end up getting?

I usually call and tell them what I am looking for, then ask for photos to be sent. I've had some sent without photos before and I haven't gone wrong yet. If you go back to my 24g cube, the little green maxima was from OA.

Delphinus
03-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Ok sounds like we have a few people who'd be interested in pooling an order.

At this point I'm just waiting until Thursday because that's when Wendell said to check back with him as to the status of the blues. In the event that they're good to go, I'm thinking of aiming for Saturday. (I don't know if that's do-able. In the event that shipping can only be done during the week, is there someone willing to front the shipping? I'm at work all day during the week and thus couldn't land a livestock shipment myself.)

Treebeard
03-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Saturday shipping works for me.

I am from Strathmore so afraid I can't help with a weekday delivery. It might be possible to have them delivered to my wife's office though.

Ok sounds like we have a few people who'd be interested in pooling an order.

At this point I'm just waiting until Thursday because that's when Wendell said to check back with him as to the status of the blues. In the event that they're good to go, I'm thinking of aiming for Saturday. (I don't know if that's do-able. In the event that shipping can only be done during the week, is there someone willing to front the shipping? I'm at work all day during the week and thus couldn't land a livestock shipment myself.)

digital-audiophile
03-18-2008, 06:07 PM
I sent Wendell and email looking to see what he has in for clams. If he has any nie ones I'll be in for one.

Brent F
03-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Wendel ships livestock via Westjet "Airport to Airport" shipping. The order would need to be picked up at the Westjet air cargo building (just south of the terminal buildings).

The plus of this is no one needs to be home to accept delivery and the shipping time is less than a day. Last time he shipped a live order to me (early January) the order came in on a 3:30 flight so I swung by the airport on the way home from work and picked up the box.

michika
03-18-2008, 06:25 PM
I can do the airport thing, I have time all the time in the world lately.

I called and put my requested clams on hold for the order.

langdon reefer
03-18-2008, 06:39 PM
IM in Innisfail This Sat (Odd and Unusual Auction) but any other Sat would work mind you people are home and they can land stuff...lol:lol:

BMW Rider
03-19-2008, 01:32 AM
If it can be set up to come in on Tuesday, I'll be home to pick it up. I live 15 min from the airport so its not a problem to do. However, Tuesday is the only day I am available next week, so it makes the timing pretty critical for me to get involved. There were a couple of nice SPS on the web site and they show that they are expecting another shippment tomorrow, so I'm very interested if it works out.

digital-audiophile
03-19-2008, 03:13 AM
OA does not seem to want to respond to my email :( Oh well money better spent at the local shops I guess.

ElGuappo
03-19-2008, 05:21 AM
im out on this order maybe the next thanks.

Treebeard
03-19-2008, 02:32 PM
It took a few hours but they did finally answer my email. The place must be very busy. Unfortunately I missed out on the blue zoos...all gone already. :sad:

OA does not seem to want to respond to my email :( Oh well money better spent at the local shops I guess.

Brent F
03-19-2008, 03:57 PM
It took a few hours but they did finally answer my email. The place must be very busy. Unfortunately I missed out on the blue zoos...all gone already. :sad:

I got a couple emails from Wendell yeasterday. The last one was 10:30 PM so he must have been busy like you say. And working pretty long hours.

digital-audiophile
03-19-2008, 03:58 PM

I've been waiting almost 48 hours :p

Treebeard
03-19-2008, 04:00 PM
I phoned after around a 5 hour wait and sped him up a bit! Sometimes ya have to be the squeaky wheel!

Treebeard
03-19-2008, 04:08 PM
I have never been part of a group order before, so what is the process? Should I place my order and tell J&L that it is a part of a group order from Canreef members?

Delphinus
03-19-2008, 04:56 PM
I've given up on emailing them, now if I want something, I just call. A bit old school perhaps, but it's far more satisfying. :)

Hey Treebeard, you realize you're saying J&L? I was thinking of doing this order from OA (oceanaquatics.com). ;)

Delphinus
03-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Oh, sorry, forgot to answer your question.

Eventually, I'm going to be able to take a few minutes from work and try to organize this, or at least, call Wendell. If all the blue zoos have been sold, it's quite possible that I'm out of this order too. LOL! Hopefully there is still one bunch with my name on it, I did tell him on Monday "Save me some while I see if anyone else is interested in something."

At the moment I'm really swamped and fixing "emergencies" at work so I can't make the call until later today.

But otherwise, assuming everything is a go, it looks like it's Treebeard, BMW Rider, Michika and me. Is that correct? Did I miss anyone or does anyone else think they're out at this point?

Treebeard
03-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Uhmmmmm, ya, I knew that! :redface:

Hey Treebeard, you realize you're saying J&L? I was thinking of doing this order from OA (oceanaquatics.com). ;)

Treebeard
03-19-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure if OA have any blue zoos, but I can state with most certainty that J&L have none! :biggrin:

Oh, sorry, forgot to answer your question.

If all the blue zoos have been sold, it's quite possible that I'm out of this order too. LOL! Hopefully there is still one bunch with my name on it, I did tell him on Monday "Save me some while I see if anyone else is interested in something."

ElGuappo
03-19-2008, 05:22 PM
if anyone gets these blue zoos when they are large enough to frag iwould be willing to trade. my suply is limited and i have no idea how to frag but would be willing to trade my yellows or i have a brown with an orange center.

Delphinus
03-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Ok I called, I'm still in, and it does seem that we will be looking at shipping into next week.

Ed, are you still OK with landing the shipment? (Thank you, if so; and please let me know if not.)

Also am I correct in understanding that "in" on the order is myself, BMWRider, Treebeard, Michika and JasonD? We can take the talking of planning/coordinating/etc to PM if that's any easier.

michika
03-19-2008, 08:55 PM
I am in too. It doesn't matter to me. I've asked for my stuff to be placed aside already, I just have to pay, and ask them to add it to the order.

Treebeard
03-19-2008, 08:58 PM
You can still count me in.

Delphinus
03-19-2008, 09:05 PM
More or less where I am too. I have not paid yet, Wendell advised me to wait one more day. So Treebeard, best thing to do at this point (if you're still wondering that is) is just call OA, talk to Wendell, say you've spoken to me (Tony) and that you want your stuff to come in the same shipment.

jasond
03-19-2008, 09:16 PM
I havent called/emailed either, but I will tell him what I want, and to put it with Tony's order.

Treebeard
03-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks Tony. He has my list, but I may be out of luck for the blue zoos, but I'm on a waiting list.

BMW Rider
03-20-2008, 02:44 AM
Tony, I haven't had a chance to call in to OA to order yet as I've been working days and can't call from work. I will try to do so tomorrow to see what they have that I'm interested in. I can pick up the order if it comes in on Tuesday any time as I am off. Later in the week gets a bit less practical. I work Wed and Thurs, so I could get it after work, then everyone else could pick up from me in the evening. Friday I work the night, so I could pick it up, but would not be around later for others to get their items so they would have to come early during the day. I'll see if they can give a shipping date, then this decision may become more clear.

BMW Rider
03-20-2008, 05:24 PM
:sad: Looks like everything I was interested in is unavailable :sad: I guess I'm out then, sorry.

Delphinus
03-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Bummer! :(

BMW Rider
03-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Bummer! :(

Seems to be the story of my tank. I see lots of nice sps when I haven't the funds to spare, then when I have some extra cash in my pocket there is nothing to be found. :rolleyes:

I may have to see what Snappy has kicking around one of these days soon.

jasond
03-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Snappy always seems to have lots of SPS, and he is generous, something you wont get at the LFS...Have you been to his place Ed?

Brent F
03-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Ed,

I agree with Jason's recommendation to see Snappy. I recently went to his place and picked up an assortment of 10 SPS frags - great selection and price.

BMW Rider
03-21-2008, 04:19 AM
I was there only for the frag swap he hosted a couple years back. I will need to contact him to set up a visit when I can fit it in.

danny zubot
03-27-2008, 02:53 AM
Is this order still on? I'm in need of some cleaners, and maybe some other goodies.

Delphinus
03-27-2008, 04:30 AM
Sorry Danny, it arrived last night!

danny zubot
03-27-2008, 05:16 AM
Oops, too late.:cry: