PDA

View Full Version : FS CO2 - 20lb cylinder, regulator+solenoid+needle valve

Delphinus
03-17-2008, 04:25 PM
For sale in Calgary:

20lb CO2 cylinder.
- It will need to be filled as it's just about empty (not quite empty as of this morning but close). Has a recent hydrostat certification (I think I had it done in 2006, but I'll confirm this later). Hydrostat tests are good for 5 years and then they need to be retested.
Sorry sold

CO2 dual-guage regulator, solenoid valve, needle valve and bubble counter. Think it's Milwaulkee brand, I'm not sure. Has some minor cosmetic abrasions due to salt creep but was functional when I used it. Pending

I was hanging onto these thinking I might do a planted FW tank with CO2 injection. I've since come to the conclusion that my first love is reefkeeping and with baby #2 anyday now I'm not likely to have any time to pursue that idea anytime in the foreseeable future anyhow.

Shipping OK on the regulator (buyer pays shipping, would likely be approximately $10 - $20 to ship) Prefer not to ship the CO2 cylinder, but if no local interest then I can look into what it would take to get it shipped.

Nate
03-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Dibs, sold to me (pending)

montey
03-20-2008, 01:40 AM

adidas
03-20-2008, 02:35 AM
dibs on solenoid/regulator

littlesilvermax
03-20-2008, 04:46 AM
I will take either if you still have it.

Myka
03-20-2008, 02:13 PM
I sent a PM regarding the needle valve/solenoid a few days ago. I haven't heard back. I assume it was all sold to Nate? He just barely got in before me. :(

Delphinus
03-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Ok, sorry guys, it's just been a really hectic week.

I guess I priced things a bit low because I was inundated instantly with several PM's about this. Then work got really crazy on me and I wasn't able to reply to all PM's as yet. I go through the replies in order so if you haven't heard from me yet, I apologize for that.

montey
03-22-2008, 01:58 AM
Funny tony, how you say sold, wish you had told me you were just going to keep it before I turned down another CO2 tank from someone else? Please contemplate things a little more thoroughly before you post stuff for sale in the future. thanks

Myka
03-22-2008, 02:07 AM
Funny tony, how you say sold, wish you had told me you were just going to keep it before I turned down another CO2 tank from someone else? Please contemplate things a little more thoroughly before you post stuff for sale in the future. thanks

Oh get over it. You can buy a different one from someone else at some other point. I doubt Tony told you that it was yours...in which case, don't count your chickens before that hatch!

Delphinus
03-22-2008, 04:08 AM
Wow. Sorry that your week was ruined Dave. I'll try to make my world revolve around you from now on. You want first dibs on everything I have for sale? Should I just PM you from now on saying I have something for sale, and you can pick and choose what you want for a good deal? And you can tell me the other stuff I have is crap and you can get it for less than 1/2 of retail? Sure, I'm game for that.

Get over yourself, all you had was a spot in line same as with the other 6 people who PM'd me about it. At no point were you promised it.

Grow up. I don't have time for this, my opinion of you has surely changed now. Hope it was worth it for you.

Ok, I said "sold" when I could have said "no longer for sale." My bad. I figured it was the same result either way. I just wanted to stop the PM's as I had several inquiring about it.

Pan
03-22-2008, 08:34 AM

montey
03-24-2008, 08:30 AM
tony i was little bothered by your reply but only a little as my opinion of you has also changed, i only figured that a adult taking the time to post an item for sale would make dam sure that they wanted to sell it and not to keep it, i also feel that honesty is the best way to deal with things and since you have turned out to be a flake when it comes to selling things that maybe others should be for warned that you will back out of selling items if the mood stikes you, and then when some one is a little upset, have a little compasion for the fact that you are the cause of that. also i never said the reg was crap i only staited to you not posted (as to not affect your sale) that i had read that the reg had bad reviews and i was able to buy them brand new for less then you were selling a used one for.

and myka i do not recall at any piont posting to you so i would appreciate it if you would mind you own business in the future with matters involving me thanks

Delphinus
03-24-2008, 04:47 PM
The only person making a name for himself here is you Dave. I have no worries about my reputation, but you should think about what you are doing to yours.

Since you seem to have trouble grasping the concept, posting "pending" or "1" in someone else's thread does not obligate the seller to sell to you. In fact, even being first in line doesn't necessarily guarantee a sale. And certainly trying to bully a seller into selling to them doesn't win anyone any points either.

You have nothing to be upset about here. I suggest you go chill out.

Myka
03-24-2008, 05:01 PM
and myka i do not recall at any piont posting to you so i would appreciate it if you would mind you own business in the future with matters involving me thanks

This is a public forum, and I can post where I want. I thought you were out of line, so I defended the poster. I'm free to do that. You on the other hand don't seem to understand how sales work. A seller can decide to sell to whoever he wants to, or not at all. He can sell to the 43rd person in line if he wants to, and you had absolutely no idea whether you were first in line or not. Many people (myself included) choose to reply to ads via PM without posting on the actual thread. So, it's very possible that you weren't first in line anyway. You are also a new member to the forums having only made 15 posts. Many people will choose not to sell to someone who is brand new to the forums, and prefer to do transactions with someone who is "known" on the forums instead.

I for one will remember your name, and if you are ever interested in an item I have for sale, I will not sell to you whether you are 1st or 43rd in line. The way you have dealt with this leads me to believe that you may not be the type of person to have a smooth transaction with. I'm sure there are others reading this that think this exact same thing of you. I have made many, many transactions with people on this board. Sometimes people back out, and as long as I haven't driven 3 hours to go pick up the item, I'm really not too concerned.

I'm not sure if you noticed that you're arguing with one of CanReef's staff members. I'm sure that he is full aware of the rules of the forum. ;)