PDA

View Full Version : new website

powerreef
02-17-2002, 06:15 PM
Hey folks I have been putting a site together for awhile and have finally finished. I have a great section for research and iding tell me what you think.

http://mojoreefs.homestead.com/files/280_001.htm

mike

Shadetree
02-17-2002, 07:56 PM
Mike,

Looks great, the links on the left side are off a bit though. The bullets link to the proper pages but some of the text link to wrong pages. Didn't you say how much you liked fixing links. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Scott

powerreef
02-17-2002, 08:10 PM
Scott I had to edit almost all of the html and I have never done before.so thier is a few glitches. If I ever get motivated to edit the HTML agian I'll fix it up. Thanks for the compliment

Mike

Delphinus
02-17-2002, 08:22 PM
I like the overall design of your site. The pictures are great.

I would love to find out what you are using for lighting. But when I click on "equipment" I get an index of SPS pictures. (BTW you've spelled "equipment" as "equiptment". Another typo I found was "xyenia" instead of "xenia".) images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Also one more thing ... when spelling out the latin species name the correct convention is to capitalize the genus and leave lower-case the species name. For example it is "Acropora tortuosa" not "Acropora Tortuosa," "Montipora digitata" not "Montipora Digitata." I don't know why this is so ... but for some reason the biologists decided that species name should be all lower case whereas Kindgom, Phyllum, Class, Order, Family, and Genus should have the first letter upper case. I know, I know ... I'm just nitpicking now. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Overall a great site. Thanks for the invite to check it out!

powerreef
02-17-2002, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the replies. As per the spelling its a trademark images/smiles/icon_smile.gif . I have found that you have to click on the buttons and not the text. If I get some time I will try to fix.

Mike

Delphinus
02-19-2002, 01:30 PM
Dang man, that's an incredible setup. Lucky we live too far away I'd be bugging you to let me come look at it in person.

What do you pay per kilowatt hour in Washington? I pay almost $300 per month for my wussy setups and the wife thinks that's too much (well .. she's right, but who can give this up). I think the rate I'm paying is $.11/kWh.

Reefmaster
02-19-2002, 02:22 PM
holy crap tony, have you got a grow-op in the back room your not telling your wife about??? (j/k!) i'm surprised at your hydro bill -- we run 3 400W mh's, a chiller, and a whole bunch of other thingd and i think we're about 50 bucks a month. but i don't remember how big your tank is.
shane

Delphinus
02-19-2002, 05:11 PM
I wish I had some sort of whiz-bang setup for that kind of coin! I just have two smallish tanks a 50g and a 20g but I'm running my halides for 12 hours which I think is a big factor.. the 20g with 1x175 and the 50g with 2x175. Eventually the 50 will be replaced by the 75 which will be 2x250+2x110, I'm not looking forward to THAT bill when that goes online. Aiyiyi.

Of course I am skewing the numbers somewhat because that's my total electricity -- so that includes everything, the furnace, the dehumidifier (I feel like an idiot having to run one of these I live in CALGARY for crying out loud -- what you guys call "10% humidity" we call "rain" images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif -- but I have no option otherwise my windows weep with the humidity of all the evap going on in the house!), etc.

What do you pay per kWh in Victoria? Where is your electricity coming from on the island? Is it hydro? I think Alberta's is coal and hydrocarbons mostly which I think tends to be more expensive than hydro...

How long are you running those 400W MH's, BTW? $50/month ... I'm jealous.

[ 19 February 2002: Message edited by: delphinus ]</p>

Reefmaster
02-19-2002, 05:22 PM
i think we pay 6.5 cents but i don't remember fur sure. i think about 90% of b.c's power is from hydro-electric - there are a few large dams and then a number of smaller ones that many people aren't aware of. ex, the pulp mill in powell river has a dam that generates excess hydro that they sell to bchydro who then resells it - usually to the us for a huge profit.
i used one of those simple free programs on the net to approximate the tank electricity cost - our total bill is more than that of course. i could find that link and post it if anyone wanted to see it.
shane

powerreef
02-19-2002, 07:00 PM
Tony I cant answer that question as I refuse to truly look that closely at my hydro bill. One thing I do know is that its about 200 per month for electricity alone. Those damm BCers took it to us last year and were paying for it now. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif .
Hope u guys all enjoyed spending your rebate checks. Darren I'm coming up to get my money back from your rebate check

Mike

StirCrazy
02-19-2002, 07:06 PM
Ok I got my bill infront of me.. it answer is $0.0577/kW.h

Steve