PDA

View Full Version : Copperband Butterfly fish, Worms!

super7
03-14-2008, 04:49 AM
My copperband has worms. No matter how much I feed him, he/she won't fill out. I was wondering what you guys have used and what has worked for you. The fish is in a QT, and is a pig, it out competes everything for food and I feed it a varied diet. So what would be a good de-wormer or method of ridding my Copperband of worms.
Thanks Super7

untamed
03-14-2008, 05:47 AM
I haven't ever seen a fat Copperband. I suspect they just aren't assembled that way. (ie. they don't store fat) What are you feeding? Maybe you need more fattening foods.

super7
03-14-2008, 06:03 AM
I know that they don't usually look fat, but my fish has been losing weight. He still acts normally and all that. I am feeding mussel/clam, mysis, brine, baby cleaner shrimp as they expel larvae once a week or so, and I even have tried aptasia in the QT tank. He just keeps on becoming skinnier.
Thanks Super7

skylord
03-14-2008, 08:26 AM
How long have you had this fish? Some CCB's seem to eat and eat and still dont survive more than a couple of weeks. With CCB's I think you have to get past 4 to 6 weeks before you can start relaxing.

Scott

Myka
03-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Lots of fish have internal parasites that most people are completely unaware of. Researchers are becoming more aware in recent years. I have used PraziPro baths with good results. It even has a picture of a CBB on it. Haha! :)

mark
03-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Check into Cyanide caught fish.

Read that there's something like that the fish can eat but because of damage to the stomach and intestine or bacteria within, they'll still starve.

Jason McK
03-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Is he/she eating? do you see him eat

J

super7
03-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Is he/she eating? do you see him eat

J

Yes, this fish will come to the surface to eat out of my hand. I know cyanide isn't a problem because I got the fish at the store I work at and we don't get cyanide caught fish.

I have used used Prazi on African cichlids in the past when I got wild stock to breed so I will try that.
Any other Ideas
Thanks Super7

super7
03-14-2008, 04:26 PM
How long have you had this fish? Some CCB's seem to eat and eat and still dont survive more than a couple of weeks. With CCB's I think you have to get past 4 to 6 weeks before you can start relaxing.

Scott

I have had the fish for about two months now give or take a week.