PDA

View Full Version : "Free" Aquatronica control unit - not really...

untamed
03-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Dead aquatronica control unit. Aquarium Obsessed will repair it for $100. I was going to destroy it, but it might be worth fixing if somebody wanted it as a emergency backup unit.

You would need a powerbar and other accessories to run this as an aquarium controller.

Pickup only - Coquitlam.

Brad.

wetcoast
03-13-2008, 03:17 AM
I always wanted to see what makes it "tick" couldn't bear to do it to any of my units. Can I convince you to bring it to the Reef Dinner?

untamed
03-13-2008, 07:41 PM
I could do that....but I don't think I'm going to come to the reef dinner. I find when I go to the dinners, I don't get a chance to talk with more than the person I'm sitting beside. It should be a great opportunity to network with people, but it just doesn't work for me anymore.

If you are coming to the Photo Seminar, you can pick it up.

Brad.

mastergunsg
03-15-2008, 01:33 AM
If wetcoast doesn't take it i will be more then happy to take it off your hands.Ive been looking for an economical way of getting a controller and this looks like it would fit the bill.

untamed
03-15-2008, 01:35 AM
OK....but I expect Wet will take it.

banditpowdercoat
03-15-2008, 07:59 AM
DANG, comin down in a week, I'd love to tinker with it, being an electrician and all :razz:

wetcoast
03-15-2008, 07:04 PM
actually - if you guys want to use it to get in on an aquatronica for cheap go ahead. I was just going to hack it to shreds and make it do silly things on the screen. Remember, you need something to power the device - meaning the power bar that usually comes with an Aquatronica is the "brains" of the unit, providing power distribution to all the other components - including lighting up the screen. Cool units - but you'd definitely need a power bar and probes if you wanted to take it to the next level. I have probes and interfaces to sell if you ever get to that point.

mastergunsg
03-17-2008, 12:19 AM
Please let Wetcoast have it to play with. I posed this before I went to the workshop and After winning the camera at the photography workshop the other day I would fee bad getting 2 freebies in a row like that. I have built my whole system on the cheap and I know for a fact I will be able to come across another deal when the time is right.