PDA

View Full Version : Royal Gramma died tonight

rocketlily
03-12-2008, 02:35 AM
I have had a Royal Gramma for just about 3 weeks now. He adjusted to the tank (20 gal) very well and within 2 days was coming out, feeding well and exploring the tank. Monday night he ate well and was fine. Last night he came out but did not eat. Today when I came home he came out and layed on the sand in the front of the tank and 2 hours later, he's dead.

All parameters in the tank are excellent. All the corals and snails & Emerald crab are fine. The Royal Gramma had no spots or any visable sores or spots. He is the only fish in the tank and I have added nothing new since I got him.

I'm baffled. Any ideas?

Megalodon
03-12-2008, 03:04 AM
Heavy metals?

Internal parasite?

howdy20012002
03-12-2008, 03:13 AM
It has been my experience that Royal Gramma's arent' that hardy of a fish.
I know that personally I try to hold onto them for a couple of weeks before selling them because I lose so many.
It could have been the stress of the move.
HTH
Neal

Murminator
03-12-2008, 04:44 AM
My gramma seams to be pretty hardy. I see your tank is only 2 months old maybe it wasn't fully cycled yet

chevyjaxon
03-12-2008, 06:00 AM
HA...HA.... sorry i thought you meant the queen mum died, then i realized it was a fish anyway im sorry to hear about that dont be too discouraged though:wink: i had a copper band butterfly die last week after only having it a week some fish live and others well...

Bartman
04-06-2008, 07:58 AM
It has been my experience that Royal Gramma's arent' that hardy of a fish.
Neal

I have an RG that I used to cycle my first tank 6 years ago. He/she is now in his 3rd tank (first fish after cycle in 3rd tank) and I don't think I could kill him with a gun. :wink: