PDA

View Full Version : T5 Bulbs - Stupid Question

Jenndarlin
03-10-2008, 07:01 AM
So I have a new T5's 48" 6 bulb Lighting Fixture. I bought 2 each of the Actinic +, Aquablue + & Midday's. There are 2 plugs. One controls the outer 2 bulbs the other controls the inner 4.

The stupid question is: :redface:

What order do i put them in? Which two on the outside, which four on the inside??

albert_dao
03-10-2008, 07:30 AM
Blues outside, other four inside.

andresont
03-10-2008, 10:46 AM
I have one blue one white(12K) on the outside.

digital-audiophile
03-10-2008, 01:33 PM
My config is like this

Back to front

Blue
Duo
Duo
KZ Purple
Duo
Blue

I am trying to find out if anyone in Canada is getting the KZ new gen bulb and I will replace the duo that is in the back beside the fiji.

Take your time and play wih the bulbs to find what you like, even changing the order in the middle will change your tank lighting a bit.

Myka
03-10-2008, 02:00 PM
As you can see it's up to you, but I would do it like this:

Actinic (I hope you bought the Pure Actinic...?)
Blue Plus
Midday
Midday
Blue Plus
Actinic

This way the outside two, being the actinics can be on a separate timer, and you can get them to turn on 1 hour before the rest of the lights, and turn off one hour after the rest of the lights.

Reefer Rob
03-10-2008, 02:15 PM
It's all personal preference, but I would exchange the Midays for Aquablues. 50/50 Actinic+ and Aquablue will give you a nice 14K color temperature.

I would (and did) run them front to back:

Actinic+
Aquablue
Actinic+
Aquablue
Actinic+
Aquablue

That way when your dusk/dawn lights are on you'll still have a nice color, it's what I now run when my halides aren't on.

Myka
03-10-2008, 02:23 PM
I like her bulb choice. My corals really like the Middays. The two AquaBlue and the Pure Actinic (provided she spent the extra couple bucks on the PURE) will be plenty to pull the light away from the low Kelvin of the Midday.

Jenndarlin
03-11-2008, 03:01 AM
Wow.....I had no idea how much brighter these were going to be to my old ones. It's like I have a whole new aquarium. It's amazing, i'm like a kid in a candy store all over again. There's all sorts of things growing like about 5 or 6 new mushroom polyps, a few zoo frag's i thought had dissapeared were apparently just hiding in some holes. The Corals are extending their polyps longer than I thought they could, the colors are magnificent!!!!!!

Thanks to all for the advice.

I have it set up as
Actinic (Yes, i got the PURE)
Aquablue
Midday
Aquablue
Midday
Actinic

I just got a new timer system and I have them all set up properly now. Now to sit back and enjoy

Myka
03-11-2008, 03:11 AM
Awesome! That was an alternative layout I was going to suggest, but I was too lazy to type a second one out! LOL!

I hope you have put some screening over your tank to shade your corals to let them get used to the new light...? You'll burn them otherwise.