PDA

View Full Version : Rainfords Goby

Jason McK
03-09-2008, 12:01 AM
We added a Rainfords today to my wife's 14G biocube and then read that they often die in a new tank due to lack of food. Does anyone else have one that is eating anything, mysis, brine etc? He's a neat little guy, sifting the sand like crazy but we don't want him to starve.

Oh and... it seems as though firefish enjoy an occasional snack of sexy shrimp:sad:

LeeR
03-09-2008, 12:14 AM
mine eats mysis and brine but only if its right infront of its face.

Keri
03-09-2008, 01:00 AM
If it's 'pods that they need to eat you can buy live pods - "Tigger pods" I saw them for the first time in person yesterday, crazy, it's really a bottle of live pods! They're "prettier" than regular pods too and will breed in your tank. Something to think about anyhow :) (I saw them at J&L but they probably have them elsewhere too, I don't know how far Ladner is)

justinl
03-09-2008, 01:49 AM
it should be noted though that tigger pods are a temperate water species (hence the refrigerated bottle). If you want to add them into your tank and have them reproduce, you will need to acclimate them.

A 14g is not enough to sustain a constant population of pods while a predator is in there. If you can find a way to hook a big enough fuge up to the biocube (i know some people have done it), then you might be set.

Marlin65
03-09-2008, 04:54 AM
Wendel has those tigger pods as well and he has the dead ones to that you can just use as food as well.
Looks like that might be worth a try.

Chowder
03-09-2008, 05:18 AM
I have had them in the past and never had any luck keeping them. Really beautifull fish.
Good luck , Chris

Puff
03-14-2008, 05:51 AM
JL has the dead Arctipods and live Tigger pods.

the arctipods REEK!!! oh man.

the tigger pods are much smaller than i thought they would be. 'tigger' makes me think "tiger" for some reason :P

muck
03-14-2008, 02:36 PM
I had a pair in a 20Gish tank for quite a few months.. never really ate anything other than pods. Did great for me until I took the tank down.