PDA

View Full Version : Scooter blenny and pipefish?????

fishoholic
03-08-2008, 03:21 AM
Apparently my 230g is not big enough for my mandrian goby and scooter blenny!
My mandrain keeps chasing scooter into the over flow and I end up finding him in the sump! Since this doesn't show signs of stopping I'm thinking of putting scooter into the fuge part of the sump with my pipefish. The fuge section is about 20g with a sand bed (which is what scooter likes to dig in and sleep in) lots of cheto (which is where the pipefish sleeps in and hangs around in) and a big piece of LR. My concern is will the pipefish and scooter be ok together? Scooter is fairly tame and mostly just hops around the tank, but he is bigger then my pipefish... Any thoughts? I just don't want to come home and find him chewed up from a pump or dried up on the floor. Scooter is one of the 1st saltwater fish we bought so I don't really want to sell him.

Chowder
03-08-2008, 04:13 AM
I believe they should be ok together. The only thing I could think of is that it would compete for pods which would be less for the pipe fish.

fishoholic
03-08-2008, 04:22 AM
My scooter eats mysis and pellets, so I'm not to worried food wise. I just worried that scooter might pick on the pipefish, although scooter hasn't picked on any of my other fish, so maybe they'll be ok.