PDA

View Full Version : Share in homemade food?

michika
03-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Just looking to see if there is any interest in splitting a batch of homemade frozen food? I'm looking to make some food in the near future, next couple of weeks, but there is no way I can use all of it before it will succumb to freezer burn. Would anyone like to share in the costs and the product?

I will be following a recipe akin to Melev's (http://www.melevsreef.com/food.html ) Jnarowe's (on RC) (http://www.mediafire.com/?zhmhymxpljo ), and Cbui's (on RC half way down the page) (http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=11964662#post11964662 ). I plan to either freeze the results into cubes, or into sticks.

Photos of the process to follow in my tank journal.

ElGuappo
03-06-2008, 05:17 PM
i might be interested. im just going to look at the recipe. the first link is down!

Right now i just use a bastardized mix of mysis brine, and cyclopeese. not sure of what else my fish will like..

I have tried the community reef mixes and my fish dont care for alot of the food (esspecially Plankton).

I have 2 true perks, a pearly jawfish, 2 green chromis, a rusty angel, and a tobbacco bass. 3 types of shrimp and 4-6types of crab if you count different types of hermit.

i would be interested i something that had an algae in it for my sea hare.

What ingredients were you thinking? also what size of Cubes or sticsk as i find the stre bought cubes to be twice the volume that i need.

Phanman
03-06-2008, 05:22 PM
how much are u figuring it would cost?

Delphinus
03-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Problem with the link is the close bracket is interpreted as part of the URL. Someone with admin privledges might ought to take it upon himself to fix the link .... :p

Anyhow, sure, I'll participate (ie. share in the costs and the "product"). I have the same problem with most of my frozen tanks foods, I can't hardly use it up before it gets freezer burn. A "co-op" approach might work really well. :mrgreen:

PS. Links should be fixed now.

michika
03-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Someone with admin privledges might ought to take it upon himself to fix the link .... :p

Whomever this sweet person with admin person is, it is very kind of them! :lol:

I'm hoping the total buy in for each person is less then $20. For cubes what I'm looking at right now are shallow cubes, like thin mints, or extra small cubes about the size of skittles, or half the size of the hikari cubes.

I'm looking to fill the food with vitamins, garlic, a variety of meats (although no clam as I don't want to encourage clam eating), nori, and possibly some prepared pellets etc. As for the ratios, I'm not yet sure on them. Although I am open to making three batches with three different ratios of ingredients.

Is there anything anyone would not want, or really would want included in a homemade food? Any size preferences as well?

ElGuappo
03-06-2008, 05:59 PM
i like the idea of no clam as i dont have any yet but still looking for a small one that wont out grow my tank.

for the size i would preffer it tou be betwwen a third and a half the size of your average cube.

As far as ingredients go im im on MYSIS, BRINE (would prefer spirinela enriched), and Cyclopeese. i dont know much about vitamins and such but think i would be a good idea.

They only thing as of now i would preffer to leave out off the mix is PLANKTON. the reason being none of my fish likeit and man does it clog a spong filter fast.

the idea of pellets is a good one i think. i have a 5.3 OZ bottle of NLS marine formula 1mm pellet i think would bee a good addition. think the FINICKY version might be worth while. the only fish i have that wont touch them is my Bass. but all my inverts like these pellets.

michika
03-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Do you feed ocean plankton, as in the stuff that looks similar to mysis?

I'll make some ice cube samples tonight and post a photo, at least then I can get an idea of what sizes work. I can also just freeze the food into thin sheets in ziplock bags as well.

I have probably 5 different possible recipes of food, and what I've done is I've made a list of all their ingrediants. Most likely what I will do is made a trip to the asian market, see what is available for seafoods and at what prices. Most likely for me it will be price that decides what will be in the mix.

These are the ingrediants I am seeing;
- mysis
- blood worms
- krill
- squid
- ocean plankton
- enriched rotifers
- spirulina enriched brine shrimp
- cocktail type shrimp
- octopus
- cyclop-eeze
- spirulina (powder, flake, and pellet varieties)
- silversides
- smelt
- nori (green, purple, red/brown, and in flakes, stripes, and shredded)
- phytoplankton (I'm iffy on this because of potential pollution)
- garlic (Kent's garlic extreme, crushed garlic cloves, and liquid garlic)
- scallops
- selcon
- vita-chem
- zoecon

I want to make sure if we choose to use garlic that it includes allicin, the active ingrediant. I also don't know much about selcon, vita-chem, or zoecon. I'm doing my best to research them. Are there better vitamin type products, or something else worth putting in the mix?

langdon reefer
03-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Ill jump in on this too only thing is i have severe allergies to blood worms...lol:redface:

michika
03-06-2008, 06:26 PM
You can easily be accomodated. Same goes for the ocean plankton.

I guess the next question would be how much product does everyone expect/want? A single ziplock, two?

langdon reefer
03-06-2008, 06:28 PM
ill prolly take 2 zips :biggrin:

Der_Iron_Chef
03-06-2008, 06:30 PM
I'd be in for some....$20-ish you were saying?

ElGuappo
03-06-2008, 06:32 PM
yes the only plankton ive seen is the stuff that looks like mysis.

i am fairly ignorant in the ways ot vitamins ond foods. my only concern is that krill and squid may be too large for my fish.

Der_Iron_Chef
03-06-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm assuming it will be blended, right?

michika
03-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Yes the food will be blended/chopped/mangled into smaller pieces. As for the approximate cost of $20 per person, the amount will depend on how many people are in for some, and how much I will be making. I probably wouldn't pay more then $30 myself to make this, so I wouldn't expect anyone to pay more then $25 for 2 ziplock bags. I'm going to try and visit the market tonight and get a feeling for some prices here in Calgary, and I will report back.

So if I were to assume everyone wanted 1-2 bags, would that be an acceptable starting point? So no bloodworms, and a preference for no ocean plankton. Anything else?

langdon reefer
03-06-2008, 06:41 PM
sounds good to me:biggrin:

michika
03-06-2008, 06:51 PM
I've also seen these listed in people's mixes;
- prawns
- DTs oyster eggs
- Golden pearls (what are these?)
- Amino acids, I saw the zeovit version used.

Does anyone have any foods/vitamins/etc. they want to contribute? Something that they feel may not get used in a timely manner at their place. In exchange I'm sure a discount or something can be arranged.

Delphinus
03-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Golden Pearls is just a brand of frozen food, I'm not sure what it is, oyster eggs or urchin eggs or something like that.

I have oodles of bags of mysis (I cleverly thought I'd order 20 packages in the last group order, and then acquired about 10 more in a trade after that). Even though I feed mysis *every day* I use up a package at a rate of one per 6 weeks or so. So yeah, I've got more mysis then I really need. I can donate some to the cause. :lol:

Phanman
03-06-2008, 06:58 PM
oyster eggs would be a nice addition. I would be in for 2 bags. Also i like the idea of having them the size of thin chocolate mints or skittles sized balls. the frozen mysis cubes you get at the store are too big for me usual and i have to cut them up for feeding time.

ElGuappo
03-06-2008, 07:01 PM
the idea of pellets is a good one i think. i have a 5.3 OZ bottle of NLS marine formula 1mm pellet i think would bee a good addition. think the FINICKY version might be worth while. the only fish i have that wont touch them is my Bass. but all my inverts like these pellets.

if we want to put any of the pellets in the mix i would be willing to donate a half a jar for the cause.

Also in for 2 bags.

langdon reefer
03-06-2008, 07:12 PM
i can go throught my freezer tonight and see what ive got i know i got krill and a few other foods in their :redface:

michika
03-06-2008, 07:14 PM
I think the bulk of everything can be found at the grocery store. Things that need to be bought or ordered from an LFS are the following;

- oyster eggs
- vitamins
- marine sponges (I'm adding this to mine, as I have an angel, I can skip it if no one else is interested)
- cyclop-eeze (I have a fine mesh strainer so I can easily clean these to add them)

The tentative total right now is approximately 8 bags of product.

I have a bunch of nori I can add, in all colors.

ElGuappo
03-06-2008, 10:25 PM
I think the bulk of everything can be found at the grocery store. Things that need to be bought or ordered from an LFS are the following;

- marine sponges (I'm adding this to mine, as I have an angel, I can skip it if no one else is interested).

i have a rusty angel if will eat it then im all for it. that list did not have mysis on it are you still putting it in ?

michika
03-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Mysis was on the orignal list of possible ingredients. It will be in the mix for sure!

24storm
03-06-2008, 10:55 PM
I would take 2 bags maybe even 4 depending on the size of them.

Keith

michika
03-07-2008, 12:01 AM
A bag would be a standard ziplock sandwhich bag.

I'm off to shop for prices.

fencer
03-07-2008, 12:25 AM
Hey Catherine I'll take some of that food. They quit making juiced up at aquarium illusions

ElGuappo
03-07-2008, 12:30 AM
cool thanks. just wondering if you got the 2 bag order earlier. !!!!!!

this is starting to look like it could be a big order so if you need any help or anything just let me now.

michika
03-07-2008, 12:36 AM
I'm keeping a running list. I hope to have a better idea of the total cost after. I've just finished making up the ice cubes. So now I really am leaving for the store, and when I get back I am going to try and post approximate sizes for the finished frozen product.

I will also post a tentative list of how much everyone wants.

Der_Iron_Chef
03-07-2008, 01:15 AM
My fish thank you (in advance)!

michika
03-07-2008, 01:35 AM
My local store is useless...at best they offer imitation crab...I will make a trip up north tomorrow to price out everything.

So people in for some;
Phanman - 2 bags
Langdon Reefer - 2 bags
Der_Iron_chef - ?
Dephinius - ?
24Storm - 2 to 4 bags
ElGuappo - 3 bags
Fencer - ?
Me - 2-4 bags

Total of 11-15 bags

I guess we should all finalize what we want in this mix of food, and how much we are buying/contributing/etc. I'm thinking the following;

- Mysis (Tony said he has a bit of an excess)
- Nori (I have some to give)
- Oyster Eggs
- Garlic (crushed)
- Scallops (they seem to offer the most protein per serving size, and are lower in cholesterol then other options, like quid, and shrimp, per USDA database)
- Misc. mix, which I'm hoping to buy
- Marine Sponge
- Vitamins (leaning owards selcon and vita-chem)
- squid (I have a package to contribute)
- Krill
- cylop-eeze
- pellet food?
- Spirulina flakes/powder?
- ocean plankton (I'm going to put some in my mix, but I can edit it out of others)
- enriched rotifers
- cyclop-eeze
- silversides or smelt with heads and tails removed
- phytoplankton (anyone thinking this would cause excess pollution without being of any benefit?)

ElGuappo
03-07-2008, 01:48 AM
are the spirinela flacks nessisary with the enriched brine? just thinking it might be one way to cut the cost a little.

Also im thinking i might like to up my order to 3 bags.

michika
03-07-2008, 01:54 AM
I will be donating the spirulina flakes to the cause, I never feed it, and I don't want it to go to waste. :D

ElGuappo
03-07-2008, 02:08 AM
cool. i can donate a half stick of cyclop-eeze. if its needed. and as far as the pellets go probably not a good idea by the time they thaw they will be nothing but mush. might be a good thing.

Zylumn
03-07-2008, 02:16 AM
I am late getting in on this but I would take 2 bags if available.

Kevin

michika
03-07-2008, 02:33 AM
I will add you in :D

So people in for some;
Phanman - 2 bags
Langdon Reefer - 2 bags
Der_Iron_chef - 2 bags
Dephinius - ?
24Storm - 2 to 4 bags
ElGuappo - 3 bags
Fencer - ?
Me - 2-4 bags
Zylumn 2 bags

Total of 13-17 bags

Der_Iron_Chef
03-07-2008, 02:57 AM
I have some cylop-eeze, too. I rarely use it on its own, but I'm sure it would be good in a mix.

Put me down for a couple bags, provided the price is around $20-ish :)

ElGuappo
03-07-2008, 02:59 AM
ever try cyclop-eeze by itself? i was late heading out one night and had to drop a frozen chunk in and the fish just destroyed before i could even close the canopy.......:twised:

Zylumn
03-07-2008, 03:00 AM
:biggrin: Thanks

michika
03-07-2008, 03:01 AM
The goal is at least 2 bags for $20. I'm hoping it will be a thicker paste, which will justify the cost. I'm hoping that each bag will contain at least 1.5 times the amount of product that you would get with a hikari-type frozen product.

The list is updated.

Keri
03-07-2008, 05:49 AM
Ill jump in on this too only thing is i have severe allergies to blood worms...lol:redface:
\

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!! Ha!!

(Creepy - you have the same birthday as me)

Sorry, that was totally off topic!!

michika : I think that's a great idea I'm just too far!

Delphinus
03-07-2008, 06:20 AM
I see a question mark next to my name.. Um .. hmmm, ok, decisions decisions .... put me down for 2 please. :)

24storm
03-07-2008, 01:45 PM
I will take 4 bags

Keith

Der_Iron_Chef
03-07-2008, 02:16 PM
This sounds strangely like high school. Are we meeting in the alley behind London Drugs to do this transaction? ;)

michika
03-07-2008, 02:48 PM
\

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!! Ha!!

(Creepy - you have the same birthday as me)

Are you sure you aren't twins separated at birth? :D

So people in for some;
Phanman - 2 bags
Langdon Reefer - 2 bags
Der_Iron_chef - 2 bags
Dephinius - 2 bags
24Storm - 4 bags
ElGuappo - 3 bags
Fencer - ?
Me - 2-4 bags
Zylumn 2 bags

Total of 19-23 bags

Phanman
03-07-2008, 03:18 PM
This sounds strangely like high school. Are we meeting in the alley behind London Drugs to do this transaction? ;)

awesome :lol: oh the memories...

ElGuappo
03-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Could we meet at the bike racks later aswell.????????

langdon reefer
03-07-2008, 05:13 PM
i have a small flat of krill i can toss in ...:lol:

jasond
03-07-2008, 05:39 PM
If it is not too late, I would like 2 bags!

Thanks,

Jason

SeaShell
03-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Sooooo, we're not talking perogies here?!

michika
03-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Sooooo, we're not talking perogies here?!

Not unless your making them! :lol: If you are though, I'll take some!

Jason, you are on the list!

I had 0 luck today with my shopping. It seems that there really aren't many types of seafood mixes out there that aren't really full of things we can't use. I have another place to check out tomorrow, but I think we will be looking at $20 per 2 bags at this point. I was really hoping for a seafood mix that would be appropriate and acceptable for our use.

Phanman
03-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Did you try T&T supermarket? they usually have a few seafood medley bags.

michika
03-09-2008, 05:39 PM
T&T is REALLY far for me to go. I live down south of Anderson Dr. I am going to see if I can't find an excuse to go up there today. Its just such a drive...bleh!

I've gotten a few more PMs about people wanting in on this, so from my original estimate of 4-5 bags were are up to about 25 bags. Wow!

I just need to find out which stores in town carry the vitamins and suppliments, if they aren't available here I'll be doing a quick dry order from either J&L or OA as they both carry them. I'll post an additional thread in the Calgary forum to see if anyone else wants anything. It will be a quick order though.

I am tentatively planning to do this all next weekend, probably Saturday afternoon or Sunday. I suppose pickups can happen Sunday of next week, or throughout the week.

How am I going to get all the stuff everyone has volunteered to enter into the mix? Do we all want to set up a pick up/drop off/meet up time?

michika
03-09-2008, 05:45 PM
The list!

Phanman - 2 bags
Langdon Reefer - 2 bags
Der_Iron_chef - 2 bags
Dephinius - 2 bags
24Storm - 4 bags
ElGuappo - 3 bags
Fencer - ?
Me - 2-4 bags
Zylumn 2 bags
my2rotties - 1 bag
jasond- 2 bags

Total of 22-27 bags

Delphinus
03-09-2008, 06:07 PM
T&T is REALLY far for me to go. I live down south of Anderson Dr. I am going to see if I can't find an excuse to go up there today. Its just such a drive...bleh!

I can give you a reason if it helps ... bubble teas!!!! :mrgreen: MMmmmm mango passion? mango strawberry? Oh the decisions! (Dang now I want to go up to T&T. :neutral:) :lol:

michika
03-09-2008, 06:10 PM
When I go though, I end up over spending, all the mango stuff is just crazy! It all just looks delicious!

jasond
03-09-2008, 07:53 PM
You forgot me!

Two bags please!

michika
03-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Sorry! Fixed!

ElGuappo
03-09-2008, 11:21 PM
what would YOU like to do about allthe donated food?

Fenix
03-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Can I have 1 bag please

michika
03-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Phanman - 2 bags
Langdon Reefer - 2 bags
Der_Iron_chef - 2 bags
Dephinius - 2 bags
24Storm - 4 bags
ElGuappo - 3 bags
Fencer - ?
Me - 2-4 bags
Zylumn 2 bags
my2rotties - 1 bag
jasond- 2 bags
Fenix - 1 bag

Total of 22-27 bags

I'm off to overspend at T&T, and get prices. I'm going to hit up a bunch of our local stores and see their prices on frozen foods, like krill and vitamins.

I have photos of the approximate "cube" sizes to post, but we will have to wait for the power to return. We are experiencing power surges in our complex today.

ElGuappo
03-10-2008, 11:15 PM
how the tank doing with the surges? gota backup? again any ideas how you want to get the donated food? or would buying be easier?

michika
03-11-2008, 12:39 AM
The tank has its own back up system, so everything in it is oblivious to power problems right now.

I visited most of the stores in town today, no luck on the vitamins, I'll be ordering them tonight, or tomorrow at the latest, I want arrival by Friday.

Phanman - 2 bags
Langdon Reefer - 3 bags
Der_Iron_chef - 2 bags
Dephinius - 2 bags
24Storm - 4 bags
ElGuappo - 3 bags
Fencer - ?
Me - 2-4 bags
Zylumn 2 bags
my2rotties - 1 bag
jasond- 2 bags
Fenix - 1 bag

Total of 22-27 bags

I have no ideas about the donated food, and I'm open for suggestions.

I found and purchased all the food, save for octopus, at the asian market. I also as predicted overspent on other goodies. All that is left to get right now is frozen foods, and garlic. I just want to buy pre-diced garlic, as the thought of garlic-fingers for a week doesn't really appeal to me.

jasond
03-11-2008, 05:04 AM
Sounds great, thanks for all your hard work! If there are extra bags, I will pick an extra one up as I am sure others will so you dont end up with fish food for the next 5 years :biggrin:

Der_Iron_Chef
03-11-2008, 05:25 AM
Catherine, I'm going to Vancouver this Friday for a week....so if you want to use some of my cyclop-eeze, let me know before then!

michika
03-11-2008, 05:25 AM
New total;

Phanman - 2 bags
Langdon Reefer - 3 bags
Der_Iron_chef - 2 bags
Dephinius - 2 bags
24Storm - 4 bags
ElGuappo - 3 bags
Fencer - 1 bag
Me - 2-4 bags
Zylumn 2 bags
my2rotties - 2 bag
jasond- 2 bags
Fenix - 1 bag

I'll be cutting off orders, on Friday, so if you want more you have 4 more days! If I have left over product I'll post it up again for sale.

fencer
03-11-2008, 06:18 AM
Thats one bag for me Catherine

rattler
03-12-2008, 01:24 AM
Catherine

I would be interested in 2 bags if they are available. Please PM me if this is able to be done

Cheers,

Geoff

michika
03-12-2008, 03:19 AM
You've been added....

Phanman - 2 bags
Langdon Reefer - 3 bags
Der_Iron_chef - 2 bags
Dephinius - 2 bags
24Storm - 4 bags
ElGuappo - 3 bags
Fencer - 1 bag
Me - 2-4 bags
Zylumn 2 bags
my2rotties - 2 bag
jasond- 2 bags
Fenix - 1 bag
Rattler - 2 bags

Powertec
03-12-2008, 03:36 AM
I would love to get 2 if there is anyone going down from Edmonton?

Or depending on when it is ready i could take a drive up there:)

michika
03-12-2008, 04:58 AM
The only person who has ordered from Edmonton is Fencer. You are welcome to make a trip, it all should be available either Saturday morning/early afternoon, or possibly Friday depending on my pending drygoods order.

Powertec
03-12-2008, 05:04 AM
okay so just got a pm from Fencer and he is willing to pick me up 2 bags as we'll if that is okay?

Thanks again.

michika
03-12-2008, 05:07 AM
Not a problem.

Powertec
03-12-2008, 05:09 AM
Thanks Catherine.
And thanks for doing this and putting all the work into it for everyone:)

michika
03-12-2008, 05:35 AM
No problem :D

Phanman - 2 bags
Langdon Reefer - 3 bags
Der_Iron_chef - 2 bags
Dephinius - 2 bags
24Storm - 4 bags
ElGuappo - 3 bags
Fencer - 1 bag
Me - 2 bags
Zylumn 2 bags
my2rotties - 2 bag
jasond- 2 bags
Fenix - 1 bag
Rattler - 2 bags
Powertec - 2 bags (Fencer)

We have hit 30 bags!

So the final costs are shaping up to be about $20 per two bags. I'm going to try and figure out how much will be in each bag so that everyone gets and equal amount of the product.

I'm not going to be making mini cubes, its just too much work. I tried it for a third time tonight and I can't do it consistenly or in a timely manner. So its sheets for everyone. If you want to change your order say so now. Another option is I can leave your product un frozen, just in the fridge, and you can freeze your own cubes.

Zylumn
03-12-2008, 05:39 AM
Anything you two need help with??

michika
03-12-2008, 05:44 AM
I don't think so, but should I realize I do, I will put up a post.

Thank you everyone for offering to help!

ElGuappo
03-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Sheets are ok to me. again if you do need help just let me know.

fencer
03-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Anybody else from edmonton want in on some of this food. Add your name to the list and I will be picking it up .

xtreme
03-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Can I still get in on this? I'll take two bags please if possible. Thanks

michika
03-12-2008, 11:16 PM
okay you are in.

Phanman - 2 bags
Langdon Reefer - 3 bags
Der_Iron_chef - 2 bags
Dephinius - 2 bags
24Storm - 4 bags
ElGuappo - 3 bags
Fencer - 1 bag
Me - 2 bags
Zylumn 2 bags
my2rotties - 2 bag
jasond- 2 bags
Fenix - 1 bag
Rattler - 2 bags
Powertec - 2 bags (Fencer)
Xtreme - 2 bags

We have hit 32 bags!

michika
03-15-2008, 04:54 PM
The process has started, the food is thawing in RO/DI right now. Its stinky!

Okay bags will be 3/8" thick and will contain at least 1 cup of food per bag. They are ziplock freezer bags, however I would advise double bagging them once you get them home to further prevent freezer burn. :D

I will post here when food is ready and available for pick up. Probably late this afternoon. If you want to come get your food before its frozen, e.g. you want to make your own cubes, let me know and I will keep it in the fridge.

ElGuappo
03-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Frozen is fine with me.

let me know when its done freezing. where are you in town just so iknow if i should bring a cooler or somthing for the drive.

ElGuappo
03-15-2008, 05:24 PM
So was this the final ingred list or was stuff changed? just curious as i was thinking i might be able to use for my FW tank aswell.

- Mysis (Tony said he has a bit of an excess)
- Nori (I have some to give)
- Oyster Eggs
- Garlic (crushed)
- Scallops (they seem to offer the most protein per serving size, and are lower in cholesterol then other options, like quid, and shrimp, per USDA database)
- Misc. mix, which I'm hoping to buy
- Marine Sponge
- Vitamins (leaning owards selcon and vita-chem)
- squid (I have a package to contribute)
- Krill
- cylop-eeze
- pellet food?
- Spirulina flakes/powder?
- ocean plankton (I'm going to put some in my mix, but I can edit it out of others)
- enriched rotifers
- cyclop-eeze
- silversides or smelt with heads and tails removed
- phytoplankton (anyone thinking this would cause excess pollution without being of any benefit?)

michika
03-15-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm in the SW off of Anderson Dr.

The final ingrediant list is;

- Mysis
- Nori (All colors)
- Oyster Eggs
- Garlic (crushed)
- Scallops
- Vitamins (selcon and zoe)
- squid
- Krill
- Spirulina flakes
- enriched rotifers
- cyclop-eeze
- silversides with heads and tails removed
- cuddlefish
- shrimp

Should be ready to go around 4-5pm, I'll make a post once its in the freezer.

michika
03-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Food is all washed, and almost ready for its trip to the blender! I am so glad I soaked this stuff for an extra long time, the color of the rinced water was just disgusting. I can also only taste and smell garlic....

ElGuappo
03-15-2008, 08:46 PM
I can also only taste and smell garlic....

I have a feeling its going to be like that for a few days now. :eek::eek::eek:

THANKS AGAIN FOR DOING THIS.

michika
03-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Done! The food is in the freezer, so please PM me for my address.

michika
03-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Pick ups for today have ended, if you missed your window of oppertunity, your next chance is Tuesday.

I'm home all of Tuesday, so pick ups from 10am-8pm are available. PM me first please for my address and so I know if I should expect anyone.

Fenix
03-20-2008, 08:12 PM
whens the next pick up date? i ve been really busy.

ElGuappo
03-20-2008, 10:26 PM
I was banging on your door for half an hour this afternoon !!!!!!!!!! so are you willing to Drop off? Sorry if this comes off rude but you wouldnt give me your number to confirm that you woul be around and i took time away from work to go and well you wernt there, after stating that you would "be around all day and a phone call would not be nessisary."

michika
03-20-2008, 10:41 PM
What time did you stop by? I stepped out briefly, twice, to take my dogs out, but someone was here for the day. Are you sure you were at the correct address/right door?

ElGuappo
03-20-2008, 10:48 PM
I was there from 1245 to 120 your dogs were barking at me the whole time. that is assuming you are <beeeeeeeeeeeeeep> and one of your dogs is a damation or Black and white breed. I rang/knocked first no answerm so i stood in the parking lot and had a smoke rang/knoked again. you must not have been home as the dogs didnt stop barking at all the entire time.

michika
03-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Thank you so much for publically posting my address...

ElGuappo
03-20-2008, 10:51 PM
If you look closer i did not give out your address. just said Veiw drive no community or street name. But its gone i apolgize

michika
03-25-2008, 03:03 AM
Still a few people left to pick up their food.

I will be making more food again in the next couple of weeks, I will post a new thread to reflect this.

Fenix
03-27-2008, 08:50 AM
i m going to pick it up as soon as i can. i m just so swamped with stuff. i m really sorry. ill do my best for this weekend. thank you for being so patient!

michika
03-27-2008, 03:01 PM
You have PM.

michika
04-05-2008, 05:57 AM
*BUMP*

Second batch of food is ready!

PLEASE CONTACT ME TO PICK UP YOUR FOOD!

sharuq1
04-05-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm not sure when I will be able to get into Calgary next, will it be ok taking up room in your freezer till I can get into town?

michika
04-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Yes, your food will be okay in the freezer! Although it may be hanging out with a bit of a rough crowd, its those frozen veggies I tell you!

sharuq1
04-05-2008, 11:20 PM
:lol: lol, don't forget possible "mystery meat" hanging out in the back

michika
04-06-2008, 06:27 AM
Mr. E. Meat has been asked to leave our freezer, he was disrupting the peace!

Next pick up available for you Calgary people will be tomorrow/today, SUNDAY, APRIL 6th FROM 10am-5pm Please PM me for my address, and to let me know if you will be coming!

michika
04-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Next food pick ups are tonight from 5-9pm, or Thursday from 5pm-9pm. Please contact me ahead of time if you are dropping by.