PDA

View Full Version : Great reason to use RO

Aquattro
03-04-2008, 05:10 PM
I just noticed the following announcment from the local water dept.

Annual Flushing
The Water section of the Parks and Public Works Department has an annual cleaning/flushing program that is advertised in local newspapers.* This process may result in discolouration of your water for a short period of time.

Glad this "discoloration" isn't going into my tank :)

skylord
03-04-2008, 05:23 PM
I just noticed the following announcment from the local water dept.

Annual Flushing
The Water section of the Parks and Public Works Department has an annual cleaning/flushing program that is advertised in local newspapers.* This process may result in discolouration of your water for a short period of time.

Glad this "discoloration" isn't going into my tank :)

Can't do you much good either. Or your dogs........

Scott

Aquattro
03-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Can't do you much good either.

Scott

Well, after shots of Jager and red bull, not sure dirty water would be all that bad for me! But ya, the dog won't like it!!

Delphinus
03-04-2008, 05:32 PM
I dunno, your dog might like having wings ... :)

ElGuappo
03-04-2008, 05:33 PM
i did this with calgary waterworks for two seasons. what they do is isolate a stretch of main and then open a hydrand up to get flow moving. what this does is gets the water flowing (more flow than if everyhouse on your block ran a bath at the same time) Thus the water will "FLUSH" any Rust gravel ETC out the open end. also this will bring newer water into your area increasing Chlorine and other added chems. the water color will only change according to the condition of the water main in the area. Red for rust ETC. i have also seen nothing but mud come out..

IMPORTANT !!!!!!!!!!!

If they are flushing in you immediate area i would rcomend not runnung amy water at all untill they are finished (you will draw debris and such up into your house line). in calgary we couldnt stop flushing until the turbiditty was low enough and the chlorine was high enough. cant remember exact values.
After the flush is done i would open 2 bath tub valves or a tub and a shower, or numerous taps for about 15 min to 30 min.to ensure you have no dibris stuck at your service valve at the main on the street.