PDA

View Full Version : Who sells JBJ HQI Nano cubes in Lower Mainland?

VFX
03-03-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm looking for a small cube tank but with HM lighting & King Ed's have a couple of interesting options for around the $800 mark.

Do you know who sells JBJ HQI Nano cubes in our area?

I'd love to see one before I make the jump & buy anything else.

Also, anyone know how much they sell for?

Thanks,

VFX.

VFX
03-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Nobody knows?

or cares? lol

super7
03-04-2008, 02:39 AM
I have no clue. Try phoning around and asking the LFS. The place I work at might be able to hook you up. Roger's Aquatics.

mildcustom2
03-04-2008, 03:36 AM
I know that the HQI nano tank at King Ed is around 480.00$ with out stand. If you go in and talk to Eric or call him and flat out ask him what his best price is on it because your thinking about getting one he usually cuts a pretty good deal. He always gives me great prices on all my equiptment sometimes 20% above cost.

VFX
03-04-2008, 05:05 AM
Most LFS said they could get them on order but didn't have any in store for me to look at.

$480 eh? Not too bad... Did you see cube with the funny round pendant at King Ed's?

I just wanted to compare the HQI canopy versions with the other stuff that I've seen.

Anyway, another trip to Burnaby (J&L, King Ed's, Big Al's) is in order this weekend. If anybody in the or around the 'Wack wants me to pick up anything, let me know.

VFX.

mildcustom2
03-04-2008, 12:49 PM
I have seen the New Tank they have with the round solana light but its way over priced ( I think over 1,000 for everything ) the HQI Nano I am refering to I believe was a JBJ or Aquapod with a Sunpod HQI fixture, not a bad setup for someone wanting a decent product for a reasonable price.

VFX
03-04-2008, 03:38 PM
I have seen the New Tank they have with the round solana light but its way over priced ( I think over 1,000 for everything ) the HQI Nano I am refering to I believe was a JBJ or Aquapod with a Sunpod HQI fixture, not a bad setup for someone wanting a decent product for a reasonable price.

They've dropped the price of the solana HQI cube (http://www.current-usa.com/solana.html) to $799.

The Sunpod equipped cube is an Aqupod (http://www.current-usa.com/aquapodhqi.html).

I'll look into more at the weekend.

Thanks for your replies so far.

VFX.

Puff
03-10-2008, 07:48 AM
i got my 24 gallon aquapod w/ 150W HQI sunpod for like 350$ from Drsfostersmith.com back in august. i just checked and the prices have gone up. i guess i bought at the right time (or during a sale.lol)

if you can, order online from the US. so friggin cheap!!! id say i saved 500-600$ on setting up my tank.

VFX
03-10-2008, 06:07 PM
i got my 24 gallon aquapod w/ 150W HQI sunpod for like 350$ from Drsfostersmith.com back in august. i just checked and the prices have gone up. i guess i bought at the right time (or during a sale.lol)

if you can, order online from the US. so friggin cheap!!! id say i saved 500-600$ on setting up my tank.

Thanks for the link.

I picked up a cube from King Ed's on Saturday.

Next time I'm definitely looking at going across the border!