PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Aquarium society meeting.

DJ88
02-17-2002, 02:31 PM
Well three of us locals made the treck down to the PSAS meeting last night. Troy, Scott and myself had a great time. Meeting with a number of Seattle area(and further) reefers. We managed in a very short peroid of time to see three beautiful tanks(Marc flatworms aren't just a problem here images/smiles/icon_wink.gif )

Here are pics of the three tanks we saw.

Powerreef(Mike);

http://members.shaw.ca/DJ88/pix/powerreef.jpg

Mushroom boy(Paul);

http://members.shaw.ca/DJ88/pix/mushroomboy.jpg

And the hosts tank MtnDewMan(Chuck);

http://members.shaw.ca/DJ88/pix/mtndewman.jpg

[ 17 February 2002: Message edited by: DJ88 ]</p>

powerreef
02-17-2002, 03:51 PM
Hey Darren it was nice having you all down for a visit. It was nice talking Hockey with someone that actually new what it was. Door is always open. Mike

Ps. I think I'm going to need one of those custon reactors lol

titus
02-17-2002, 06:53 PM
Hello,

Very nice guys. So Darren, when are you going to get a 500 gallon tank?

SuperFudge
02-18-2002, 04:23 AM
Beautiful tanks guy`s!,wish i couldve made it.

Marc.

DJ88
02-18-2002, 04:25 AM
Thanks for the invite Mike..

Gotta say.. 600lbs of sand never looked so good.. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mushroom Boy
02-18-2002, 12:39 PM
Hey guys.

That was loads of fun this weekend. Let us know when we can come up your way for a roadtrip. My wife's stoked to spend the weekend in Vancouver, so I've already got permission images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif . I'm going to try the recirculation CO2 mod on my Canreef reactor. It makes perfect sense.

Paul.

Troy F
02-18-2002, 01:00 PM
Hey Paul, just let us know when you'd like to come up and we'll make things happen. I had a good time down there. Thanks to Mike, Paul and Chuck.

titus
02-18-2002, 01:10 PM
Hello,

What? I hear mods on a Canreef reactor? Hey when are you coming up this way?

I might head down to the Seattle area sometime in March. That is, if I get my paper done in time.

DJ88
02-18-2002, 05:58 PM
Titus,

The mods are just running a closed loop recirc of water n CO2 from the top of the reactor back into the CO2 feed line. If you take a peek at my pics in the DIY forum of my new reactor you can see the fittings and the T used. It isn't a new idea but I have been in contact with one reefer in the states who is running 100 ml/min effluent and a bubble rate of 30/min. His CO2 consumption is in 1/2 with this idea. All on a 120 I beleive. (memory is shot since I retired) images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I showed it to the guys at the PSAS meeting and the more knowledgeable ones images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif who knew a bit about Ca reactors(couple sure didn't) images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif were really into trying it. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I guess your bleed valve at the top of your reactor is perfect for this. Scott can explain it more with your reactor design. We talked about it a fair bit.

Paul,

Let us know. You are welcome anytime. I am sure Troy Scott and I can show you n your wife around. Lots to do n see here.

I see that Kevin has registered here too.

If you read this Kevin say hi. I am sure others here would love to see your system. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mike,

Depending on how busy things are I may try making a few. There was more than a few there who seemed to want one. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Once this semester is finished I am off all summer so.... I'll keep you and the rest of the PSAS posted.

[ 18 February 2002: Message edited by: DJ88 ]

[ 18 February 2002: Message edited by: DJ88 ]</p>