PDA

View Full Version : corals for a 33g

Atlantic
02-24-2003, 01:00 AM
Im setting up a 33g tank in the coming months. I have been searching around at different corals to see what i like and have come up with a list.
I would like to get your opinions on what you feel may work better. I will be building a community reef.

Could you guys give me an idea as to which ones may work the best or be the best combination of corals or if there is something not on my list that you feel should be there.. I will be running 192watts of PC lighting…..Thanks

Button Polyp
Colony Polyp
Clove Polyp
Fire coral
Brain coral
Toadstool mushroom leather
Bulls eye mushroom coral

Seamonkey
02-28-2003, 12:45 AM
:) Hi Atlantic,

I have a 20 gallon reef with 55 watts of PC and 1 blue atinic strip. It has been up and running for close to a year. To give you some idea's, in my tank I have:
Sea Pen, Leather finger coral, Toadstool coral, 4 kinds of mushrooms, star poyps, green button polyps, Frogspawn, Pinapple Coral, Chili sponge. I also have a LTA that I added 3-4 months ago that is getting kinda large.(sure is fun to have with clownfish though) My tank is very full with these. They are all thriving well in my tank, I do monitor it very closely though. I also have 5 fish.
P. S. I put on a Red Sea Prism skimmer a few months ago and what a difference in the water quality, basically took care of any excess algae problems too.
Hope this is helpful, happy reefin!
Toni

Kris F
02-28-2003, 01:23 AM
Hey sea monkey, I'm going to be looking at upgrading to PC and was wondering if the acinic was 55 watts also or was it 55 watts combined between the two bulbs? I was looking at a 110 watt two bulb system, and was amazed at the coral you can keep under these lights! 8)

Seamonkey
02-28-2003, 02:17 PM
:D Kris
The PC is a 55 watt oceanic and the blue light is a 15 watt Marine Glow. They each have there own hood which i fit over the top of the aquarium. Not the best set up, but it works and the marine glow really makes the color of the tank look much nicer.
Toni