PDA

View Full Version : Got Crabs ?

ElGuappo
02-29-2008, 02:42 AM
i got 2 htitchhiker hermit crabs and am wondering if they are reef safe . they look like my little blue legged hermits but with a little bit of a color difference. no red on the legs like my blue legged hermits. other than thatvery similar. please look at top 2 pics. and tell me if these are reef safe ? will they eat my coral.

sharuq1
02-29-2008, 02:49 AM
They are electric blue-legged hermit crabs. Reef safe as a hermit can be. You can find these at some stores for sale. :)

ElGuappo
02-29-2008, 02:51 AM
they came in a couple of shell i got for free so i guess its a good score as long as they leave my corals inverts and fosh alone. that is my only worry is that its going to pick at somethingg i dont want it to.

sharuq1
02-29-2008, 02:57 AM
Well there is always somewhat of a risk with any crab IMHO. If it helps I used to have one of these. He was my favorite hermit, and he would eat bryopsis which I thought was great. Sadly that particular crab got foully murdered. (I think by either a bad hitcher crab or the red scarlet I used to have)

ElGuappo
02-29-2008, 04:30 AM
imho ? cool i have 6 scarletts and 6 blue legged but the two of these electric are twice the siz. got them for free in some shell that were given to me. not a bad score.