PDA

View Full Version : teevee's illustrious stand

Quinn
02-23-2003, 06:08 AM
http://www.stuartshields.net/fish/index.htm

well you know you're getting places when you motivate my dad to do something. giving credit where credit is due, he has really jumped onto this whole reef thing. we are nearly done the stand, and i've taken some pictures to show you how it's going. the design is loosely based on what jon is doing for his new tank, with some modifications. for my 48x24x30 tank, it's 60x28x36. plenty of room in the base for my sump/fuge tank as well. expect more pics when everything is done.

1 - the back (made with the stuff you put under tile)

2 - side view, showing the pine top

3 - me standing on the stand looking down

4 - overhead from the side

5 - inside from the side

6 - isometric from the side

7 - a bottom corner close-up

8 - a top corner close-up

the stand is made with 2x4's and 2x6's, secured with glue and screws. after it's done it will have removable pine siding, secured with magnets, like des's stand (although his is metal).

any questions drop me a pm.

:D

the site these images are hosted on will be going down on thursday, i'll try to remember to get them put up somewhere else (they're being hosted by a friend of mine). and they're really small, to save space.

Canadian Man
02-23-2003, 03:02 PM
Looks great Quinn!
Did you remember to leave enough room for your plumbing ? :wink:

Quinn
02-23-2003, 06:07 PM
jon, as long as there are no suprises there is a fair bit of room in the stand. i think it would be best to put the calcium reactor outside the sump, allowing me to have a larger refugium. i checked and it will fit quite nicely between the uprights.

Canadian Man
02-23-2003, 06:22 PM
Good to hear. Just want to make sure :D