PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Tips and Questions.

ElGuappo
02-28-2008, 07:22 PM
just wondering what your feeding methods are ? how often for fish corals Etc. and how much.

christyf5
02-28-2008, 10:31 PM
My corals (SPS) get light and fish poop (otherwise known as "detritus")

My fish get frozen mysis, nori and sweetwater zooplankton (when I can find it). They get nori in the morning, frozen stuff at night. Every once in awhile I skip the frozen if I'm too busy.

Myka
02-29-2008, 01:28 AM
My fish (see signature) get about 12-14 frozen Piscine brand Mysis shrimp (best Mysis money can buy! haha) once a week if they're lucky. Then they get a quarter-sized flake of Formula One (munched up small for them) maybe 3-4 times a week.

I feed my tank (corals and 'critters') about 1/4 tsp DT's live phyto about once a week, and a tiny pinch (like what would fit on the end of two pencil erasers) of Coral Frenzy once a week.

I target feed some of my LPS corals. My Candy Cane gets one frozen Mysis per head once every couple weeks. My Open Brain, Lobo Brain, and Bubble corals get 3-5 Mysis shrimp every couple weeks. When I target feed my corals the fish don't get fed that day or the day after.

Every time I feed Mysis I soak in 3-4 drops of Selcon and 1 drop of Garlic Extreme.

ElGuappo
03-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Bump