PDA

View Full Version : hospital/Qt all in one

iansfishy
02-24-2008, 11:30 PM
After my 14 gallon nano crashed i have decided to finally establish a QT tank before anything goes in any of my other tanks. I think ill get a 30 gallon and silicone baffles into it to divide it into three or four sections. A hospital section, and Qt sections. I think i will only have to run one air pump for all the sections (teed off into diffrent lines) but what kind of filtration should i be using. As far as heat i guess a small heater in each section will suffice. is there any medication designed speciffically for the Qt period, to treat kind of a wide range of unknown and unforseen diseases. Would anyone have a good list of medications they like to keep on hand for that off chance something may happen. Im six hours from the closest store so getting something in an emergency isnt an option. Also does anyone have any ideas on Hyposalinity or general hospital tank ideas. anything is gonna be useful. thanks

Pan
02-25-2008, 12:13 AM
For my quarantine i always used easly accessible filters i like the biowheel or hang on types, always kept some of those ceramic balls or whatever they are actually called in the sump, then when needed i had biofiltration...after used boiled and then replaced in the sump for next time.