PDA

View Full Version : Help?

michika
02-22-2008, 06:10 PM
How often do clams come into the city? I've been looking, but with little success.

Der_Iron_Chef
02-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Last time I was at Ocean City, they had some. Elite also has some. :)

michika
02-22-2008, 06:58 PM
Did you happen to catch which kind?

ElGuappo
02-24-2008, 05:13 AM
Riverfront has them fairly often.

digital-audiophile
02-24-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm not too familiar with clams but I saw Colby yesterday and the clams he had looked like Maximas

michika
02-24-2008, 03:07 PM
I took a trip down there (Elite) yesterday, some nice pieces, I think most were maximas and croceas like you mentioned.

Where is Riverfront?

digital-audiophile
02-24-2008, 03:12 PM
I shiver when I hear riverfront. Kind of a dungeon of a fish store. Perhaps not too bad when it comes to fresh water but their salt water section is like a torture chamber.

If you want to check them out however, they are on riverfront ave. downtown just a block away from the drop in centre kind of beside Bookers.

http://www.riverfront.ca/

michika
02-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Is this by Cecil?

BC564
02-24-2008, 03:54 PM
yes across the street from the cecil........

ElGuappo
02-24-2008, 06:08 PM
agreed its not the nicest shop, but its huge however the fw section does dwarf the marine.Nice reptile selection aswell. they will order anything for you they can. I have also heard of Renos to the marine section this Spring/Summer.

They treat me awsome and I have had no problems with live stock at all and thats more than enough for my repeat business.

michika
02-24-2008, 10:04 PM
As great as the customer service sounds, I've already experienced an attempted mugging once nearby, and am not really too keen on a repeat experience. Too bad their location isn't all that great.

Der_Iron_Chef
02-24-2008, 10:07 PM
yes across the street from the cecil........

That's great, though. If you know a big shipment of nice corals is coming in, you can just rent a room by the hour until it arrives--first pick!

digital-audiophile
02-24-2008, 10:15 PM
That's great, though. If you know a big shipment of nice corals is coming in, you can just rent a room by the hour until it arrives--first pick!

LOL!! How about a little "in room entertainment" while you wait :p

BMW Rider
02-25-2008, 02:50 AM
LOL!! How about a little "in room entertainment" while you wait :p

And then you could QT youself as well as your new corals.

michika
02-25-2008, 03:03 AM
Lol!

Der_Iron_Chef
02-25-2008, 03:41 AM
Mwaaa ha ha.

Eww.

ElGuappo
02-25-2008, 08:29 PM
There riverfront has already started to tear down the marine section. new tanks and everthing EN ROUTE.

marciemp
02-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Was at Riverfront once with my kids. My 4 year old said "you go in I just want to wait in the car". Ummm not in THIS area! Scary!

BC564
02-28-2008, 04:15 PM
yeah...Ive been there once.....that was enough.....lots to look at and loved the store....wasnt crazy about the people outside and around the area.....

ElGuappo
02-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Ya I know its right next to PASS OUT PARK (i used to work for the city and thats what the emps called it). but i havent had any probs yet with vagrents and such.

Just carry a MICKIE with you and if anyone gives you trouble toss it in the gutter and you will be left alone.

So bad i know but screw street people.any one who cant find work in this city isnt looking very hard.

findingnemo1
02-28-2008, 06:30 PM
So bad i know but screw street people.any one who cant find work in this city isnt looking very hard.

Not all street people choose not to look for a job or work. There are plenty of people who have jobs but are "street people" as the rents are to high. Then you have to factor in mental health issues(which i work with) and then there are drug issues,etc,etc::: And the biggest one is people who have just given up on life and themselves.

I think people are quick to judge homeless people as all bad. Its a stereotype just like racism and rich and poor.So the next time you see someone sitting on a bench or walking towards you across from Riverside don't just assume that they are a bum who doesn't deserve any respect as you don't know what has happened in there life and really WE don't have a right to make that assumption for ourselves.

Sorry for the thread hijack but i needed to say it.

Der_Iron_Chef
02-28-2008, 06:44 PM

:sad: That's a drastic over-simplification! I work exclusively with street youth and their problems are severe. It's easy to feel this way, and I'm sure it's true for some homeless people....but for most, I would say it is not. Mental health, addiction and social factors all play a role....just to name a few.

Edit: Hah, nemo....didn't notice your comment above. I guess I could have just written, "ditto" :D

ElGuappo
02-28-2008, 06:45 PM
i agree with with mentally challenged but however drug addiction is not an excuse it is a choice you have mad good or bad but you have made the decision of drugs over shelter. my brother is a recovering Crack addict. so i know first hand hand.

However the majority of people on the street ARE there willingly.

I am a bit of a hard *** but i feel we must all live with the decisions we make without trying to place blame on others or cercomstances. in the long run if you are NOT pardon the term Disabled, then you really have no excuse for not accepting the responsablity of your own actions. while cercomstances may be out of your control you should still be able to make the best off what you have. if your not happy with your surroundings then change them.

Chef you work out of the drop in center?

Der_Iron_Chef
02-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Perhaps I could move this topic into a different thread in the Lounge section. I know how Catherine gets when her threads are hijacked....mwaa ha aha :p

Snappy
02-28-2008, 07:23 PM
So..back on topic. Catherine, did you ever get some more clams?

michika
02-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Nope, I picked up one from Golds early this month, but can't find any others that stand out for me. I'm thinking tonight I will make some rounds to the usual suspects, but I'm not holding out.

I've seen two clams I REALLY loved, but they weren't for sale. :( I'll keep looking though, I'm sure something will come up eventually.

I'm looking for;
gold maxima
tiny clams (1-3") I don't mind which type.
squamosa
another gigas
anything with a unique pattern.

I'm going to toss up a post in the buy/sell and see if anyone is trying to rehome their clams.

ElGuappo
02-28-2008, 07:41 PM
i was at ocean city tues they had acouple not sure whaqt kind. but im heading back today so i can ask if they are still there. ?

michika
02-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Please do ask. Do you remember anything about the colors you may have seen?

Der_Iron_Chef
02-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Catherine, I'm going to Edmonton this weekend (up Saturday morning, back Sunday), so if there's a clam to be found there, I could transport it for you. Just an idea :)

michika
02-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Sweet! If I get any hits on my clam request in the buy/sell I'll let you know. Thank you :D

ElGuappo
02-28-2008, 08:35 PM
heading to ocean city now call if you want me to send you pics of instock clams.

ElGuappo
02-28-2008, 09:21 PM
at ocen city they have 2 crac i blue one kind of maroon.

Interior_Reef
02-28-2008, 10:20 PM
I got 4 big ones forsale. could shipem out there