PDA

View Full Version : ordering aquasafe RO/DI from ebay?

nanoreefer
02-22-2008, 06:55 AM
i was wondering how many people have ordered from them, theres one for i think $82 canadian plus $25 shipping and sence there in blain it would only take afew days to get it, but is there brokage ect? and dos anyone know if you can call and place an order i dont have a paypal acount but i think i do have an ebay acount(made one for mom last year dont know if it still works)iam a littel confused about RO DI units ordering across the border ect is all new to me..

thanks

dsaundry
02-22-2008, 10:55 AM
As for shipping it usually isnt too much of a problem, however if you really want less hassle go pick it up yourself. I dont know what are you are in but in Sumas there is a place called "Ship Happens" they are on the web. Ship it there and pick it up yourself, then all you pay is the tax. All depends on how close you are to the border. I am sure there is probably a place in Blaine too. I am 15 min from the Sumas border so I pick up all the time, If you are too far away it is probably worth paying the fee's and just get it shipped to your door. Brokerage fees are not always charged, sometimes it is a gamble. Good luck.

Matt
02-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Aquasafe is in BC, so you won't face brokerage fees if you order from within Canada. Their website (which, admittedly, sucks) is http://www.aquasafecanada.com. They're pretty good about responding to emails and such.

hillbillyreefer
02-22-2008, 02:35 PM
When I bought mine it was shipped from within Canada. It wasn't a problem. This was about 5 years ago, 5 stage unit, price was about $120 to my door. Unit works well.

robzilla
02-22-2008, 03:09 PM
i bought mine from them too, i ordered on tuesday and it was at my door thursday. and i live in the kootenays

DanG
02-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Same here, ordered and it was in my hands 4 days later with no brokerage charges. Took longer to get to me because I'm in Winnipeg.

nanoreefer
02-23-2008, 02:26 AM
ok i think iam going to oder one but did those of you that ordered get it from the aquasafe canada site(i cant find anything on the site about ordering?)or the place on ebay? the ebay place says no brokage or provincal sale taxes for canadian orders or something like that so it looks to be a good deal, but iam only 20min from chilliwack so i might phone that ship happens place tommorow and see what they charge,

Brent F
02-23-2008, 03:00 AM
Bought mine through ebay. No issues.

KrazyKuch
02-23-2008, 05:46 AM
Bought mine through ebay aswell with no problems at all

sharuq1
02-23-2008, 08:05 PM
me too...can't seem to figure out how it works though, I need to buy some teflon tape to seal one of the screw in thingies.

Matt
02-24-2008, 02:25 AM
me too...can't seem to figure out how it works though, I need to buy some teflon tape to seal one of the screw in thingies.Use plumbers putty, not teflon tape... instructions are really clear about that. Email them... he'll walk you through your install.

adidas
02-24-2008, 02:40 AM
yup, use putty. teflon tape is only for metal connections :)