PDA

View Full Version : EVC TECH 400W 14K MH Bulb

Jason McK
02-21-2008, 09:14 PM
After reading through Sanjay's reef lighting pages. I wanted to know what's all the fuss about with These EVC Bulbs.
I found ReefScience.com carried these bulbs. So I enquired. Well Chad at Reef Science was awesome. He accommodated all my obscure shipping requests (Shipping to Canada and Avoiding Brokerage fees) The Bulbs arrived very quickly and in perfect condition.
I installed them right away and they fired up instantly. They are a crisp blue white. Now being a 10K guy I was hesitant at going to 14K. But so far I'm really liking the colour temp. I know other 14K bulbs have really poor PAR. But the EVCs with my E-Ballast are great.
I would recommend both EVC and Reefscience to anyone. both are top notch

J

Phanman
02-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Pic's of before and after?

Jason McK
02-21-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm going to hold off for 14 days to get the true burn in colour temp.

J

Jason McK
03-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Well after only 3 weeks one of the bulbs just fried. I was cleaning my skimmer when I heard the arc sound only to look at the bulb and watch if fry itself. Not sure of any recourse after 3 weeks of use but now I need 1 bulb to match the very blue colour of these bulbs. Locally I'm not sure I'll find it.
I have a lightly used Aquaconnect 14K in there now and it's no where near are blue

J

digital-audiophile
03-14-2008, 02:56 PM
When I was running my 250MH pendant I had an evc bulb in it and I really liked the colour. I did die after about 1,000 hours though :(