PDA

View Full Version : Anemone

ElGuappo
02-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Hey does anyone know of a type of anemone that will play host to my clowns without taking over my 34 gallon tank?

likwid
02-21-2008, 02:23 PM
Bubbletip

digital-audiophile
02-21-2008, 03:52 PM
What kind of clowns?

ElGuappo
02-21-2008, 09:22 PM
True Perculas

TNTCanada
02-22-2008, 03:53 AM
Just wondering how much light you have on your system??? will your tank be able to sustain an anemone???

sharuq1
02-22-2008, 04:55 AM
If you can sustain a nem my vote would also go for bubbletip.

ElGuappo
02-22-2008, 05:32 AM
Any certain species of bubble tip?

Ya the light thing may be an issue here are my tank specs to the best i could find them. Its a red sea max my first attempt at a salt water tank. its now 6 monthes old. 7 fish and too many inverts to list.

- 2x55 watt t5power compacts (1 watt/ltr)
- 10,000K /Actinic Lighting
- Ellectronic Ballast
- Hight Polish, Textured Aluminum Reflector
- Blue LED moonLights
- Fan Cooled

Thats all the info i could find on the tank. even on REDSEAMAX.com i have been told it is decent enough for anemones but have lost 2. never supplimented them. i am now adding iron calcium and strontium for the bubble and torch corals now. also feeding cyclopese 2 a week.

Kronk
02-22-2008, 05:44 AM
Speaking from experience i wouldnt put a nem in that aquarium... not so much the growth but the movement, mine moved every few weeks until i got MH lighting over it. And when it does move you have to relocate your other corals or else they get stung. Add to that the fact it will likely take up residence where you cant see it 90% of the time. I would definately recommend somethign else for your clowns to host. One of my clowns prefers a candy cane coral to host over the nem. They arent picky, below is a link to probably the best alternative to an anemone though...

http://www.garf.org/39/fish/pict.html

Cheers,
Ken

UnderWorldAquatics
02-22-2008, 05:53 AM
Hey does anyone know of a type of anemone that will play host to my clowns without taking over my 34 gallon tank?

personally I would stay away from anemones in such a small tank, and a bubble tip would grow far too large foe such a small tank unless you kept on inducing splits...

J.Lloy
02-22-2008, 03:36 PM
I had one in a 75 gal and problems I had (in order of concern)were size, splitting and moving. If it didn't split it was stinging other corals or it would start to split and the little clones would move around. I started pulling them out and put them into there own 20 gal with a couple Darwin Clowns. I think there are 10 in there now, they mostly stay clumped together.
I've got a 65 watt 50/50 pc and only feed the clowns.

ElGuappo
02-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Well after reeding that link "Thanks KRONK" i am thniking about a gold crown or toadstool. any suggestions ?