PDA

View Full Version : Frag question

Hail_Ceasar
02-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Hello I just recived a bunch of ric frags as well as some zoos. I was just wondering the plugs the frags came on are fairly large and quite frankly ugly. I was just wondering if it is possible to remove the frags from the plugs and glue them useing some reef epoxy to the rock were i want them.

Also some of the frags are not looking as colorfull as what i saw when i ordered them. They were shipped overnight is it possible after the journy it may take them a bit to colour up again?

mark
02-20-2008, 08:09 PM
yes and yes

Reefer Rob
02-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Ricordia can't be glued on, they have to coaxed to stay in place. First put them in a tray in your tank with rubble in the bottom and wait a week or so until they attach to the rubble, then the rubble can be glued onto the rock. Why not give the plug a more natural shape and lightly glue it to your rock. You can remove the plug when the Ric moves off.

Rob

fishoholic
02-20-2008, 09:51 PM
We've had zoos on plugs that we glued to our LR and about 6-8 months later you could never tell they were on a plug to begin with. I find different types of lights bring out different colours in corals. They might need some time to colour up/adjust but if your light is a different spectrum/blub then in the store, they might never be the same colour.

Hail_Ceasar
02-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Thanks guys, I like the idea of shaping the plug. How long can i take the rics and the zoos out of the water to work on the plug or do i have to try and do it all underwater.

ReefJunkie
02-20-2008, 11:50 PM
They are both fine out of water for the short time you would be working on them